Applied Materials, Inc. is the global leader in the Engineering and Manufacturing of Capital Equipment for the Semiconductor industry. Applied Materials' Ion Implanter Business Unit (VSE) is searching for a Manufacturing Quality Engineer to join our growing team in support of our Newburyport and Gloucester MA locations.
Working in our Quality Group in a Manufacturing environment, the position will entail the following:
- Analyzes quality performance data and metrics to identify improvement opportunities and drive improvements.
- Investigates root causes of defective material through visual inspection, historical research, and general troubleshooting investigation.
- Develops containment plans for defective parts and helps drive systemic corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence through collaborations with cross-functional teams.
- Utilizes SAP, our Enterprise-Wide Application, to facilitate the flow of defective material in MRB (Material Review Board), from its arrival to its disposition.
- Engages with Manufacturing to continue to improve processes to ensure Quality standards understood and met on order to exceed Customer expectations.
- Develops, applies, revises, maintains and/ or tests quality/ reliability standards to ensure alignment with customer expectations.
- Evaluates work methods, procedures and policies to ensure world class quality standards are attainable.
- May be accountable for projects/ programs as wells as developing methods and parameters, project methodology and/ or project proposals.
- Works closely with Engineering and Manufacturing to ensure consistent execution of new product roll out.
- May assist Supplier Quality Engineers with supplier audits and focused improvement activities.
- Work in collaboration with our Singapore based Quality and MFG teams to help adopt BKM’s and drive continuous improvement projects between sites.
What We're Looking For
At Applied Materials- VSE, the Manufacturing Quality Engineer will have the opportunity to create real solutions to improve Manufacturing & Quality processes that will leave a lasting impact. The Quality Team is looking for a candidate who has a background in Mechanical, Electrical or Quality Engineering who demonstrates the following characteristics:
- Driven, persistent, curious, and tenacious in solving problems
- Systematic data-driven approach to problem solving
- Has strong interpersonal skills and enjoys working with cross functional-teams
- Strong communication skills
- Enthusiastic and eager to learn
- Works on issues where analysis of situation or data requires review of relevant factors.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives with goals and the process by which to meet goals. Recommends changes to unit or sub-unit policies. Management reviews work to measure meeting of objectives.
- Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance. Administers company policies that directly affect subordinate employees.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action.
- Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results will cause delays in schedules.
- Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific projects or schedules.
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.
Years of Experience:
4 - 7 Years
Yes, 10% of the Time
U.S. Salary Range:
$92,000.00 - $126,500.00
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on a number of factors including location and level and will vary depending on confirmed job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.