- Ensures that specific project and program objectives are defined for areas of responsibility, and that necessary preliminary activities (e.g., determination of outcomes, milestones, viability studies, and resource planning, among others) are completed to allow for effectiveness and focus during later stages of completion.
- Ensures that all projects and programs assigned are completed in accordance with predetermined requirements, with specific attention to product/process specifications, project/program costs, resource utilization, and timeliness for completion.
- Ensures that all phases of project, program and/or process development are documented, and that information required in other functional areas is reported, disseminated, or transferred, as appropriate. Ensures compliance with Company policies regarding Engineering/ Lab notebooks, patents, confidentiality, and safety.
- Ensures that the utilization of all material and financial resources is carried out in an effective manner.
- Effectively work with other staff to maximize productivity for the project / program.
- Analysis and interprets business data for multiple products, aligns with other departments and provides decision making on report results.
- Working in collaboration with executives and operational managers, translates the business needs into analytic and reporting strategies through the development, execution and resourcing of routine and project specific plans for analytics delivery.
- Spearheads research and development of new technologies, as appropriate, and ensures that newly created processes, designs, and/or methodologies are incorporated into Applied Materials products/services, and/or disseminated to other areas as needed.
- Regarded as the technical expert in their particular field
- Demonstrates in-depth and/or breadth of expertise in own discipline and broad knowledge of other disciplines within the function
- Anticipates business and regulatory issues; recommends product, process, or service improvements
- Leads projects with notable risk and complexity; develops the strategy for project execution
- Solves unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business; requires conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions
- Impacts the direction and resource allocation for program, project or services; works within general functional policies and industry guidelines
- Communicates complex ideas, anticipates potential objections, and persuades others, often at senior levels, to adopt a different point of view
- Negotiates with senior management, customers, regulators or vendors to influence decisions
Years of Experience:
7 - 10 Years
Yes, 20% of the Time
U.S. Salary Range:
$128,000.00 - $176,000.00
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on a number of factors including location and level and will vary depending on confirmed job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.