The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
This part-time paid internship will grant you the opportunity to explore many areas of an Accounting department within a tech start-up environment. This also offers flexibility around your class schedule. Priority is given to students who have completed at least their sophomore year of college. Interns will be responsible for their own housing, food and transportation.
- Process vendor bills through digital inbox.
- Manage accounts payable inbox for vendor inquiries and vendor bill submissions.
- Coordinate with supervisor regarding next steps for responses to vendors.
- Expense reporting - initial review and processing through our reporting and reimbursement platform, Expensify.
- Effectively and professionally communicate expense filing policies with employees as needed.
- Ad hoc projects as identified by the Accounting department.
- Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from a 4-year Bachelor's or Master's program at an accredited college or university pursuing a degree in Accounting or other related field.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Strong technical and organizational skills relative to accounting functions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a professional environment.
- A high level of integrity, accuracy, dependability, enthusiasm, and confidentiality.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Reporting Location: Bastrop, Texas - Headquarters
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.