The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
- Support process improvements including production and operational software improvements to ease company operational flow.
- Determine critical path of project schedules and drive development and implementation on those critical items.
- Communicate with all stakeholders in the integration process, including design, materials management, procurement, production, build, and operation.
- Organize and kit upcoming work including components, instructions, and tooling.
- Constantly evaluate how the system fits into the larger picture of a working operation.
- Set priorities for the machine shop to ensure proper parts are being built per company priorities.
- Help enforce 5S improvements and complete weekly audits of all build areas.
- High School Diploma or GED and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in an engineering discipline or a related field.
- Strong teamwork skills with a proven ability to effectively interact and collaborate with other engineering disciplines.
- Hands-on hardware experience performing fabrication, assembly and/or testing.
- Acute attention to detail.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Basic proficiency in machine design.
- Experience of design using CAD software, FEA software, PCB design software, and/or software development.
- Knowledgeable in production processes and materials management processes.
- Experience in creating and driving product development schedules.
- Experience in leadership on technical teams.
- Previous internship experience or participation in Not-a-Boring-Competition is a plus.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.