Stella-Jones is North America's leading producer of industrial pressure-treated wood products. Responding to the vital infrastructure needs of our economy, we manufacture and distribute railway ties, utility poles, residential lumber and industrial wood products across the continent. To learn more about the company, visit us at: https://www.stella-jones.com/en/inside-stella-jones
The Dispatcher at Stella-Jones is responsible for effective communications with transportation suppliers, internal company and external company customers. Additionally, the Dispatcher manages transportation and delivery of products to ensure low cost, quality service, and on-time delivery.
This is a challenging, high visibility role with a large amount of independence and is part of a helpful and cooperative team. Also, this is largely an on-site role based at our facility in Mahanoy City with some potential for occasional hybrid work once fully trained and integrated.
- Responsible for optimizing delivery routes for drivers before each shift. Looks for opportunities in efficiencies throughout operation, delivery, yard and reports monthly on feedback and suggestions for improvement.
- Ensure freight accruals align with quoted bid.
- Responsible for dispatching drivers/in-out bound carriers as need to supply on-time, cost effective service and coordinate with customers service, drivers, yard coordinators, and driver supervisor.
- Track truck movements to assure that we have a method of monitoring on-time pick up and on-time delivery.
- Communicate and resolve issues, problems and concerns with drivers and customers as it relates to service deliveries, claims, directions, driver paperwork, DOT, permits and other issues.
- Look for opportunities to use combined company drivers and contracted carriers to minimize freight cost.
- Define high volume one and two-way freight lanes and works to develop advantageous sourcing strategies for each specific freight lane.
- Participates and contributes to company safety program.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Two (2) or more years of dispatching and/or relevant transportation experience required; Five (5) or more years (including trucking industry dispatch experience) preferred
- Excellent computer skills required, including MS Office and Excel; SAP (or another ERP system) and Transportation Management system experience a plus
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
As a Stella-Jones team member, you will have access to excellent benefits and incentives including:
- Comprehensive total benefits package with 3 medical plans to choose from
- Several company-paid benefits including:
- Dental and Vision coverage
- Life insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) policies
- Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Access to a robust employee assistance program
- Competitive compensation
- Annual bonus program opportunity
- 401(k) savings plan with generous Company match (150% on the first 4% deferred)
- 2 weeks paid vacation and 9 holidays
- Career advancement opportunities
- Ability to purchase Company stock
- The security of working for a company designated as an essential workplace
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled