- Is proficient on primary toolset and demonstrates ability to acquire additional systems and applications. Performs startup activities through Tier II with limited support. Able to complete qualifications with minimal assistance.
- Completes quality repairs. Actively responds to fab issues by communicating with engineers in other locations and participating in escalation conference calls. May initiate or participate in projects to drive down costs or increase uptime. Ability to carry out action plans and report findings. Verifies operational quality of system equipment.
- Follows all checklists and procedures and ensures correct Revs of procedures and schematics are available prior to performing work. May identify procedural issues.
- Can perform most retrofits on equipment. Assists in process issues.
- Applies diagnostic techniques and the use of documentation and test equipment with assistance from senior engineers.
- Assumes responsibility for full customer satisfaction assuring excellent relations within assigned area. Demonstrates strong interest and knowledge of the customer’s business. Builds and maintains customer satisfaction through clear, consistent communication and the sharing of collective knowledge. Is consistently able to operate in high pressure or ambiguous situations. Solicits customer feedback. Understands the impact of various actions/decisions on the account. Is aware of potential dissatisfies and escalates as appropriate. Develops and executes corrective action plans.
- Performs BKM’s. Actively engages in the use of knowledge management systems. Complies with all IP guidelines.
- Complies with all safety procedures and consistently demonstrates safety as a value.
- This is a physically demanding position that often requires extensive walking, standing for extended periods of time, working in tight spaces, bending, squatting, twisting, kneeling, reaching, climbing stairs and ladders, lifting up to 35 lbs., the ability to distinguish between colors, the ability to work in an environment with noise that may be difficult for some individuals with sensitivity to noise, and the use of hand and power tools. Additionally, because this position generally involves working in a clean room, it requires the use of appropriate Personal Protective Equipment such as coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses, gloves, respirators, chemical aprons, and face shields.
- Is skilled in a range of processes, procedures, systems and tool sets to carry out assigned tasks or has developed deep skills and knowledge of tools in a single area
- Uses knowledge of how the team integrates with others to accomplish the team objectives
- Builds and maintains customer satisfaction through clear, consistent communication and the sharing of collective knowledge
- Provides informal guidance and support to more junior team members
- Provides solutions to problems in situations that are atypical or infrequently occurring based on practice and existing precedents or procedures
- Impacts the quality, timeliness and effectiveness of the team; uses discretion to modify work practices and processes to achieve results or improve efficiency
- Explains technical information within the team
Years of Experience:
4 - 7 Years
Yes, 10% of the Time
U.S. Salary Range:
$33.70 - $46.20
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on a number of factors including location and level and will vary depending on confirmed job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.