Technical project manager
Joint Operations Leadership Team, Applied Materials | Austin, TX
Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale helps our customers – who make smartphones, supercomputers, virtual reality headsets, autonomous vehicles, and more – transform their ideas into reality. Our innovations Make Possible® a Better Future.
Inside our company, we apply the idea of Make Possible as we work together. We value our people and teams who turn possibilities into reality by advancing our strategy, accomplishing great things, and empowering others. We are deeply committed to fostering a Culture of Inclusion where every person knows they belong, feels empowered to bring their whole self to work, and is inspired to grow. If you’re looking for the next step in your future, consider Applied Materials. With the data explosion and new investment in semiconductors, it’s an exciting place to be.
The Operations Product Development group is part of the Joint Operations Leadership Team driving technology, business process, and strategic innovation supporting Applied Materials’ Global Operations. The rapid growth in semiconductor markets across the world has created unprecedented opportunities and challenges in manufacturing, supply chain, and logistics. In this role, your work will directly align with major cross-company initiatives that position Global Operations as a strategic differentiator for Applied Materials. Staying close to business stakeholders, you will define and implement products that digitally transform the business while improving operational efficiency. You'll fit right in if you are passionate about driving change using technology and strategic acumen. We need individuals who are thoughtful, eager to learn, and ready to change how an entire industry approaches solving problems.
- Convert business requirements to functional and technical specifications.
- Oversee software application configuration and prepare and execute testing (unit, integration, performance, acceptance) and data conversions.
- Identify and recommend industry BKMs for integrated solution design and standards.
- Provides and/or oversees business application functional support services to meet customer performance, availability, service level agreements and customer satisfaction targets. Drives completion of root cause analysis and resolution of outages or incident trends coordinating with infrastructure and technical teams, support providers and application vendors. Drives implementation of corrective and preventative actions.
- Ensures adherence to IT project management, software application development, testing, service management, change management, RCA and other relevant processes, standards, governance and controls.
- Plan and manage medium to large-scale cross-functional projects to ensure effective and efficient execution in line with guardrails of scope, timeline, budget and quality.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in supply chain / Operations Management / Industrial Engineering, or a related field.
- Collaborate with business and technology teams to architect the solutions that meet business needs.
- Propose innovative and practical solutions to address business challenges in integrated business planning.
- Knowledge of business planning tools like Kinaxis Rapid Response, SAP IBP, or similar.
- Deep understanding of, or direct experience in demand, supply, and operations planning processes and tools.
- Previous experience in integrating databases and software using APIs.
- Familiarity with agile methodology values, principles, and practices to understand plan and delivery schedules.
- Manage user acceptance testing and validation of implemented solutions, by owning test plans.
- Ensure that delivered solutions meet the specified requirements and are of high quality.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to identify and resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- Strong critical thinking skills, and the ability to influence and communicate effectively within a diverse community (Supply Chain and Manufacturing)
- Self-motivated individual who can drive progress towards broad objectives without close supervision.
Years of Experience:
7 - 10 Years
Yes, 20% of the Time
U.S. Salary Range:
$120,000.00 - $165,000.00
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on a number of factors including location and level and will vary depending on confirmed job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.