Aludyne is recognized as the #1 aluminum knuckle manufacturer in the world. We have over 30 strategically located facilities across the globe, with leading market shares in several key regions. With this infrastructure, we are able to serve our global customers as well as meet the needs of local demands of speed, flexibility and efficiency.
At Aludyne, we aim to recruit and retain smart, inquisitive people fueled by the same entrepreneurial spirit that drives us. It’s how we deliver on the promises we make to customers, and to each other. We believe in continuous improvement for our workforce and providing them with the tools necessary to further their career while also giving them the autonomy to make a defined difference.
Benefits We Offer:
Comprehensive Benefits Package to include medical, dental and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Tuition Reimbursement, Employer 401K Match, Employee Assistance Program, paid vacation and holidays
Visit us to learn more about life at Aludyne!
The Materials Manager is responsible to manage and oversee the production and raw material scheduling, inventory control, customer service, indirect purchasing and logistics functions within the plant to ensure processes and procedures are in place to effectively meet customer demands.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Experience in working with Paylocity, MRP, and other inventory systems, PLEX.
- Competent in working with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Thorough understanding of throughput production methods.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Understanding and experience in Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma methods.
- Provide forecasting information to controller and plant manager for planning.
- Investigate and communicate all customer complaints promptly.
- Lead the plant indirect materials purchasing function.
- Interact with and support the central purchasing function related to procurement of raw material, capital and tooling.
- Participate in the quoting process.
- Provides leadership in all levels of customer contact including inventory, EDI, Customer Service and delivery issues.
- Prepare and make presentations as needed.
- Identify barriers, establish priorities, evaluate practices and develop related plans to ensure successful production control operations.
- Manage the inventory control function and related activities to ensure that production and shipping targets are achieved.
- Monitor daily activities to ensure that all order scheduling and expediting priorities are determined and to verify that all requested order status information is conveyed in a timely manner.
- Analyze order volume, order backlog status, late order status and inventory levels as well as make recommendations and take related actions to enable lead time, late order, inventory and labor budget goals to be met.
- Monitor shipping costs to confirm term compliance and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Effectively lead, motivate and develop direct reports.
- Assist with resolving customer issues.
- Support the successful implementation and execution of new process and systems technology to improve cost structure and provide superior customer service.
- Support the goals of all financial expectations as established by the business plan.
- Support the manufacturing strategy and footprint by plant.
- Support all activities required to ensure smooth operational integration of any acquisitions into the Aludyne culture and processes.
- Supervise, coordinate and coach the activities of the materials department.
- Evaluate and address employee performance issues while ensuring employees are following the proper operating procedures, safety alerts and quality alerts alike.
- Ensure employee follow proper operating procedures.
- Ensure employees are trained to safely and properly perform their duties.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Production/Materials Management, Supply Chain or related field required.
- At least 5 yrs. in a role(s) performing responsibilities same as/similar to those described above.
- May consider candidates with 8 yrs. of directly relevant work experience, in lieu of the required degree.
- At least 5 yrs. of experience at the supervisory/management level where responsibilities included full scope of leadership (e.g. hiring decisions, on-the-job training, coaching and developing employees, performance management, etc.).
- APICS certification desired.