SunSource and its family of companies represent 200+ locations and 3,000+ employees making up one of North America’s leading value-add industrial distribution companies. We provide customers with products and solutions within Fluid Power, Fluid Process, Fluid Conveyance, General Industrial Components, and Industrial Service & Repair. www.sun-source.com
The Business Development role at SunSource is key to driving profitable growth for the organization through the development and execution of SunSource’s acquisition strategy. The Business Development/Mergers & Acquisitions Manager is a vital position within the group that works collaboratively across functions (Sales, Marketing, Legal, Human Resources, Finance, etc.) to identify and evaluate acquisition opportunities. From there, leading the charge through acquisition and into integration making this a true, full life-cycle role.
In this role, it will be vital to immerse yourself in the industrial distribution arena to evaluate acquisition opportunities within our focused technology sectors. Networking with internal and external parties will be of the utmost importance.
- BUSINESS EXPERTISE:
- Develop a deep understanding of industrial, Fluid Power, Fluid Conveyance, Fluid Process distribution; including customers, supply chains, competitors and global market dynamics to assist in uncovering profitable growth opportunities.
- Ability to manage the entire transaction process including relationship development, deal negotiation and the coordination and management of acquisition due diligence and integration activities utilizing a cross-functional team of both internal and external functional experts. Will also lead or participate in the post-acquisition performance management process and management review sessions.
- Utilize and document “best practices” from your experience in the M&A field resulting in efficiencies, cost savings, and creative solutions around structuring options to meet strategic goals.
- NETWORKING, INFLUENCE, AND NEGOTATION SKILLS:
- Engage with leadership throughout the transaction process assisting in the development of both the business case rationale and integration action plans. Responsible for translating business rationale and integration strategies into executive presentation materials and be capable of delivering effective presentations as well as recommendations to SunSource’s senior leadership team and its Board of Directors.
- Leads and staff appropriate cross-functional teams to complete due diligence and integration planning on tight timelines.
- PLANNING AND ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS:
- Support overall management of the M&A acquisition strategy including performing preliminary market research to assess the attractiveness of new business segments, product adjacencies and geographic expansion opportunities.
- Manage the internal M&A pipeline through the identification and screening of potential acquisition candidates which may be sourced both internally and externally, while ensuring alignment with SunSource’s acquisition strategy.
- STRONG FINANCIAL ACUMEN:
- Strong financial acumen with an ability to develop financial valuation models and perform scenario analysis accounting for business synergies, integration requirements and other due diligence findings to maximize post-transaction shareholder value.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or sales; MBA preferred
- 10 + years of experience within the Industrial, Fluid Power, Automation distribution business
- 3+ years in an M&A role within the Industrial Distribution industry (Automation is preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office tools - Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to travel overnight - 40% or more travel is expected
Would you rather see what we have to offer? Check out SunSource Core Competency video www.sun-source.com