Merchandiser – Hardware and Building Supplies
Come join the Hillman Group!
It's an exciting time to be a part of the Hillman Group
For over 50 years we’ve been a leading business partner for home improvement retailers throughout North America. As an innovative hardware solutions provider our business is ever evolving and expanding.
We innovate in the categories we lead and achieve aggressive goals because we cultivate growth from the inside out—opening paths cross-functionally and vertically and making our collective progress everyone’s to own.
Hillman believes that building never stops. We are committed to actions that build an inclusive and equitable workplace where diversity is valued and leveraged. We ask our employees to bring their authentic selves to work every day and this shows in both our products and our services. It's this authenticity that allows us to fulfill our mission to empower those who relentlessly build for tomorrow.
As the District Retail Merchandiser, you will improve the consumer buying experience by creating and implementing merchandising solutions in the Geater Pacific NW and Alaska.
The District Retail Merchandiser will have the opportunity to:
- Cultivate relationships with in-store management
- Execute merchandising resets, build retail displays, and manage merchandising of impulse items.
- Implement plan-o-grams, build displays, place new items and rotate stock.
- May participate in the design of plan-o-grams and other merchandising solutions.
- Fill in for Territory Sales Mgr. as needed.
- Train for future opportunity as Territory Sales Manager.
- Overnight Travel will be required
A successful candidate will:
- Possess excellent organizational skills, strong communication skills and the ability to build relationships with business partners.
- Be a self-starter, quick learner, has a strong attention to detail, and works well independently and in a team setting.
- Be comfortable in changing environments.
- Have the ability to meet the following physical requirements, with or without a reasonable accommodation:
- Standing and walking up to 8hrs
- Lifting up to 75 lbs.
- Crouching, bending, twisting, and repetitive hand movements.
- Possess a High school Diploma and 2 years' experience merchandising
- Retail Hardware Experience a plus.
- Be computer literate.
Important Work Environment and Physical Demands Information:
- Work environment will vary due to location/store set-up
- This role may be exposed to crapped quarters, dust, fumes or odors
- Travel will be required daily – driving could reach up to 200+ miles
- Functional vision and hearing and Hand/eye coordination are required
- Lifting will be required, up to 75 lbs.
- Occasional pushing/pulling can be expected, up to 100 lbs
At Hillman our spirit runs deep. Every person across every function is empowered to influence the company—bringing forth new ideas and finding better ways to do old things. That’s why we are seeking individuals who want to join a great team. As a District Retail Merchandiser you’ll receive a competitive wage, comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, paid company holidays and retirement savings plan.
Additional benefits include:
- An independent and flexible schedule
- A car allowance or company car
- Company covered expenses
- A cell phone allowance
- An employee stock purchase plans
- A Dayforce Wallet (Get paid weekly or daily for hours worked)
- Tuition reimbursement options
- Employee assistance and Team Member Discounts
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Employees are expected and encouraged to participate in safety and health program activities including immediately reporting hazards, immediately reporting unsafe work practices and incidents to supervisors, wearing required personal protective equipment, and participating in and supporting safety committee activities.
The Hillman Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, protected veteran or military status, genetic information, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.