Stella-Jones is North America's leading producer of industrial pressure-treated wood products. Responding to the vital infrastructure needs of our economy, we manufacture and distribute railway ties, utility poles, residential lumber and industrial wood products across the continent. To learn more about the company, visit us at: https://www.stella-jones.com/en/inside-stella-jones
The Supply Chain Specialist at Stella-Jones in Tacoma is tasked with analyzing and optimizing support functions related to the Residential Lumber Offsite storage yards. This role involves maintaining inventory levels within budgeted parameters and tracking historical sales by SKU. Additionally, the Specialist will monitor offsite transfer patterns to identify opportunities for cost efficiency improvements. They will process purchase orders to ensure the inflow of materials aligns closely with sales demand, optimizing material processing. The Specialist is also responsible for maintaining a responsive relationship with third-party customers regarding inventory levels and projections. This position is primarily on-site at our Tacoma office with the possibility to work remotely one to two days per week.
- Responsible for all system stock transfers to and from specifically identified storage yards in the program.
- Tracks and reports excess/obsolete inventories associated with the identified offsite storage yards.
- Oversees offsite storage yards for excess-obsolete inventories.
- Promptly reports all quality concerns associated program VMI yards to VMI suppliers and internal management team.
- Optimizes product distribution with transfers to ensure required freight weights are met.
- Communicate delivery expectations with Inside Sales and Logistic groups to insure on time deliveries.
- Assist primary purchaser with incoming quotes from account managers and vendors responding to special order inquiries.
- Prepare, verify, and initiate purchase orders for quantity and price accuracy.
- Matches PO to vendor acknowledgements and follows up on any discrepancies.
- Reconciles receiving variances with the vendors prior to receiving invoices where possible.
- Contact vendors prior to delivery of time sensitive items to insure customer expectation.
- Prioritize time sensitive SKU’s on multiple SKU PO’s to enhance sales order timely fulfillment.
- Initially receives special order requests from account managers and formats for efficient vendor inquiry.
- Communicates quotes progress and results to account managers as requested.
- Receives and responds to internal and external inquiries or requests in the absence of the Scheduler or Buyer.
- Participates and contributes to company safety program.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Two (2) or more years of work experience required, including experience with purchase order processes and inventory management
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred
- Proficiency with ERP systems; experience with SAP is highly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong project management skills
- Detail oriented with ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office
Compensation & Employee Benefits
As a Stella-Jones team member, you will have access to excellent benefits and incentives including:
- Competitive compensation
- Annual profit sharing program opportunity
- Comprehensive total benefits package with 3 medical plans to choose from
- Several company-paid benefits including: Dental and Vision coverage, Life insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) policies, Long-Term Disability Coverage, Access to a robust employee assistance program
- 401(k) savings plan with generous Company match (150% on the first 4% deferred)
- Career advancement opportunities
- Ability to purchase Company stock
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled