Mission-Driven. Honor-Bound. Fairbanks Morse Defense. What’s your calling? For the men and women of Fairbanks Morse Defense it’s the rapid and effective support of the fleets that entrust us to design, develop, and deliver the best naval power technology on the planet. We’re one of the nation’s leading marine defense contractors because of the highly trained and dedicated teams that provide reliable power systems, parts, and aftermarket services to the U.S. Navy, Coast Guard, Military Sealift Command, and Canadian Coast Guard. When you join Fairbanks Morse Defense, you join a legacy of commitment that spans 150 years. Fairbanks Morse Defense offers competitive benefits with a wide range of training and development opportunities. Our world-class teams are dedicated to helping every individual achieve their full potential. Discover what it’s like to be a part of the Fairbanks Morse Defense team here: https://www.fairbanksmorsedefense.com/careers
The Opportunity: Mechanic in our Houston, TX Service Center
Are you a hands-on problem solver with a passion for engines and machinery? Join our dynamic team at Fairbanks Morse Defense as a Mechanic and embark on an exciting career in component repair and overhauls. As an entry-level Mechanic, you will work under the guidance of experienced Sr. Mechanics, making a significant impact on our operations.
Why Join Us:
🌟 Advancement Opportunities
🌟 Competitive Benefits
🌟 Outstanding 401K Plan
🌟 Tuition Reimbursement
- Perform inspections and diligently document results.
- Participate in component repairs and overhauls.
- Provide valuable support in the repair and overhaul of components on marine vessels and at customer sites when required.
- Contribute to shop and warehouse operations, including general machining, assembly, part receiving, inventory management, and miscellaneous shop duties.
- Execute tasks in accordance with company product-line tech manuals.
- Maintain detailed daily service reports, documenting work performed, test results, and inspections.
- Adhere to published safety guidelines when performing work-related tasks.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) as per company guidelines and job requirements.
- Report all work-related accidents, injuries, near misses, or potential safety hazards promptly.
- Fulfill annual safety training requirements.
Qualifications We're Looking For:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- One or more of the following:
- ASDT (Associate of Applied Science Diesel Technology).
- Three years of military experience as a navy engineman or equivalent industry experience.
- Basic knowledge of diesel engines.
- Ability to read and interpret product line diagrams and blueprints.
- High mechanical aptitude.
- Professional attitude, reliability, and excellent teamwork skills.
- Proficiency in the English language (verbal and written).
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to regularly lift at least 35 pounds.
- Valid driver's license.
- Basic computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet processing, email, and internet use.
- Up to 30% travel may be required.
Fairbanks Morse offers a competitive benefits package including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance and 401k retirement plan with employer match. In addition, we offer paid time off, paid holidays, paid parental leave, and tuition reimbursement. This position may also be eligible for a travel hardship bonus when applicable.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled