ABM, a leading provider of integrated facility solutions, is looking for a Floor Care Technician.
The Floor Care Technician is responsible for cleaning and maintaining carpet and hard surface floors, including stripping, scrubbing, buffing, waxing, refinishing, sealing and spot cleaning. The Floor Care Technician is responsible for using safety measures in work areas.
Duties also include assisting the Building/Account Lead with special projects including but not limited to, setups, breakdowns, move in/ move outs). Willing to complete other duties as assigned.
The Company may require that the successful candidate hired for this position be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, if and to the extent permitted by applicable law. The Company will make exceptions for medical, sincerely held religious belief, or other legally required exceptions.
Pay $17.00 per hour
The pay listed is the hourly range or the hourly rate for this position. A specific offer will vary based on applicant’s experience, skills, abilities, geographic location, and alignment with market data.
Shift Monday - Friday 6:00 PM - 12:30 AM or Monday -Friday 6:00PM - 2:30 AM
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package. For information about ABM’s benefits, visit ABM 2023 Employee Benefits | Front Line Team Members (Programa de beneficios de).
* Cleans building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them. Follows procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
* Moves cabinets, boxes, furniture, crates and equipment to clean areas, either manually or by using hand trucks
* May remove stains from such surfaces as rugs, drapes, walls, and floors using chemicals and cleaning solutions.
* May also sweep walks, rake leaves, cut grass, or perform other incidental seasonal tasks
* Mixes water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions according to specifications
* Strips, seals, finishes, and polishes floors Cleans and vacuums carpeted areas, including application of spot cleaning treatment
* Must keep janitor’s closet neat and orderly and maintain equipment in good working order
* Monitors building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and possibly checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created
* Drives vehicles (if required) to perform or travel to cleaning work, including vans, industrial trucks, or industrial vacuum cleaners
* May be expected to make basic repairs
* Miscellaneous duties as assigned
Must be 18 years of age or older
Six (6) months of similar experience
Customer Service Experience
One (1) yr of similar work experience
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k) plan with immediate vesting, short and long-term disability, PTO, paid holidays and more.
ABM values the rich diversity of its workforce. We strive to foster a work environment of respect and engagement that harnesses our workforce’s diversity to our common goal of providing prompt and superior client service.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of classification protected by law, including race, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, veteran status, or national origin. We also provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities.
ABM participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los Estados Unidos.
ABM is an EOE (Minority / Female / Veteran / Disability / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation) and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance in completing the employment application, please call 888-328-8606. We will provide you with assistance and make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
•ABM does not sell or share your personal information.
•We collect basic personal details like your name and address, work history, and other employment related personal information. We also collect Sensitive Personal Information like race/ethnicity because we are required to do so by law.
•We collect this information in order to process your employment with us.
•We will keep your information for as long as is required by law.
Prior to the submission of your personal information, please review our Employee Privacy Notice. If you are from California, please review our California Employee Privacy Notice.