- Performs a wide variety of non-routine and more complex electro-mechanical assembly operations, troubleshooting and repair. Adjusts, aligns and/or performs "go-no go" tests using test fixtures or non-diagnostic electronic testing devices. Identifies and corrects errors. Retests. Validates design, fabrication and set up of assemblies. May assist with NPI.
- Applies advanced skills to wire, assemble, test, troubleshoot, and calibrate complex equipment and sub assemblies. Areas of expertise include electrical interconnect, mechanical, pneumatic, fluid flow, or vacuum technologies. Makes own set-ups, alignments and adjustments, maintaining tolerance according to instructions. Disassembles, modifies, reworks, refurbishes, reassembles and tests units as required. Follows work orders, schematics, wiring diagrams, engineering specifications, sketches, assembly shop and production operations sheets, parts and wire lists, written and/or verbal instructions to construct electro-mechanical, vacuum and/or pneumatic assemblies, subassemblies and components. Performs precision measurements and works with close tolerances.
- Acts as a role model for safety and training. Maintains a secure, safe, clean and healthy work environment. Attends required health and safety training, and follows safety and security policies, procedures and practices. Promptly reports accidents, injuries, safety hazards, or emergencies to supervisor or Safety department. Follows operating instructions, uses protective equipment when required, and uses equipment and materials properly. Actively strives to prevent accidents and injuries.
- May perform more complex final assembly installations at customer site requiring knowledge and expertise of more than one product or platform.
- NOTE: Additional duties of those classified as "Quality Lead" employees include: Serves as the focal point for quality processes within the department by providing support and training to electro-mechanical assemblers; provides technical assistance to other Assemblers.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area and ensures proper handling of tools, equipment and stock to prevent loss or injury. Details finished work by removing fingerprints, etc. and then properly packages to prevent damage in transportation or storage.
- Performs in-process quality audits and defines follow-up action. Demonstrates understanding of Applied Materials planning and delivery process. Works with area supervision in establishing continuous improvement activities within work area.
- NOTE: Assists area supervision in developing objective job performance standards. Duties for this and all Assembler levels are generically defined to describe job functions with similar skill levels. Area supervision has responsibility for defining and communicating those duties which apply to specific job functions within the classification.
- Has developed a specialized level of skill to perform assigned tasks
- Has a good understanding of how related teams coordinate their efforts and resources to achieve objectives
- Serves as team lead, may allocate work and provide subject matter guidance to more junior team members
- Exercises judgment, based on previous experience, practices and precedents, to identify and solve problems that arise with little or no precedent
- Impacts the effectiveness of own team and closely related teams
- Exchanges ideas and information effectively; uses tact and diplomacy when dealing with others
High School Diploma/GED
Years of Experience:
4 - 7 Years
Yes, 10% of the Time
U.S. Salary Range:
$22.50 - $30.80
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on multiple factors including location, hire grade, job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and with consideration of internal equity of our current team members. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
For all sales roles, the posted salary range is the Target Total Cash (TTC) range for the role, which is the sum of base salary and target bonus amount at 100% goal achievement.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.