Assist in any area of the shop to include the gasket, hose, mechanical seal, cylinder repair and/or conveyor belting departments. Uses various tools to measure, manipulate and cut gaskets and fabricate hoses and other related products. Assist in general shop duties. Works under close supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities may include but not be limited to:
- Participate in counting inventory for cycle counts and maintain stock (i.e., tag, stack, sort, keep organized). Clean equipment and all shop areas
- Participate in lean activity and safety regulations
- Regularly make suggestions for improvement and work on continuous improvement projects for lean, quality and safety
- Additional duties include but may not be limited to:
- Operate soft gasket press, circle cutter, allpax cutter, and shears. Paint gaskets or use a punch press machine with dies to cut soft gaskets.
- Assist hose area with basic duties such as hose banding and crimping, roll, cut or test hoses. Assist in the hydro or hydraulic hose area.
- Assist in mechanical seal department, disassembly of mechanical seals, cleaning, bead blasting of components, and receive, pack and ship mechanical seals and component
- Assist shipping to ship, pack, receive items and build crates
- Operate forklift upon certification
- Use tape measure regularly
- Any other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High school or equivalent (GED) required.
- 1 year industrial shop experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- Must be able to use a tape measure and understand basic math (add, subtract, multiply and divide).
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis