Aludyne is recognized as the #1 aluminum knuckle manufacturer in the world. We have over 30 strategically located facilities across the globe, with leading market shares in several key regions. With this infrastructure, we are able to serve our global customers as well as meet the needs of local demands of speed, flexibility and efficiency.
At Aludyne, we aim to recruit and retain smart, inquisitive people fueled by the same entrepreneurial spirit that drives us. It’s how we deliver on the promises we make to customers, and to each other. We believe in continuous improvement for our workforce and providing them with the tools necessary to further their career while also giving them the autonomy to make a defined difference.
Benefits We Offer:
Comprehensive Benefits Package to include medical, dental and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Tuition Reimbursement, Employer 401K Match, Employee Assistance Program, paid vacation and holidays.
Visit us to learn more about life at Aludyne!
The Engineering Manager plans, directs and coordinates the Engineering activities for the facility to include program management, manufacturing engineering, Die Cast process engineering, launch programs, tool engineering and tool maintenance, quoting, and the heat treat system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Accountable for new product/process and installation of equipment.
- Manage procuring CNC machines and die casting equipment.
- Assure Aludyne standards are met and follow standards within other facilities.
- Accountable for managing the costing, design acquisition and approval of economical die cast tooling & CNC tooling
- Responsible for coordinating project from inception until samples are approved by customer and for tooling from inception until tools are scrapped.
- Meet budget projections.
- Provides leadership in process development and moving the company forward with technological advances.
- Maintain plant within environmental compliance of all applicable state and federal regulations
- Responsible for ensuring that customer mechanical properties are met through proper heat treatment at the lowest possible cycle time.
- Promotes a culture of safety and continuous improvement.
- Sales support of new business opportunities (quotation relationship development)
- Other duties may be assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Quality Systems – IATF requirements, Ford Covisint System, APQP, 8D, PFMEA
- Continuous Improvement – 5S, Standard Work, Capacity Studies, 8 Wastes, TPM, Kanban, Poka Yoke, SMED
- Language – Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Science/Engineering - Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to utilize thermodynamics, fluid powers, static and dynamics.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong statistical and problem solving knowledge
- Experience with lean manufacturing techniques
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
Additional Experience Preferred:
- PLC / Fanuc Robot Programming
- AutoCAD / Solidworks
- Lean / 6 Sigma (PDCA / DMAIC)
- IATF / ISO
Aludyne is an equal employment opportunity employer such that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or other legally protected status.