Jadex Inc. (Jadex) is a leader in manufacturing and material science by utilizing innovation and technology to develop sustainable products that serve the medical, industrial, and consumer markets. Our success is built on our four operating companies, which supply a range of products including custom-designed plastic components, engineered nylon resins and monofilaments, zinc products, and temperature-controlled products, that solve both industrial and consumer challenges.
At Jadex, our vision is innovation with intention. Our mission is to create products that provide superior performance while minimizing their impact on the environment. We are passionate about our employees, customers, and cultivating the right partnerships. We seek to foster a creative and collaborative culture, lead our industry with sustainable solutions, and have fun along the way!
Environmental / Sustainability Analyst - Greenville, SC
Reports to: SVP of Marketing
The Sustainability Analyst will play a key role in driving sustainability efforts across the Jadex organization. This role will drive annual reporting including EcoVadis, CDP, GHG and the corporate ESG report. This role will directly interface with EHS managers, project engineers, and members of the organization’s Senior Leadership Team to help execute the company’s sustainability vision. The role requires a solid understanding of current sustainability trends, the opportunities within the industry, and professional curiosity to identify and implement best practices.
Sustainability / ESG Reporting
- Manage and maintain third-party platforms such as EcoVadis, Persefoni, CDP and Project Gigation, by which sustainability data is collected, tracked, and maintained.
- Drive team and project plan to develop targets for SBTi submission.
- Review and complete sustainability/ESG requests from customers.
- Assist in the development and publication of the annual sustainability report.
- Drive updated and relevant content for the sustainability portion of the Jadex and Business Unit websites; ensure routine review, refresh, and enhancement to external communication of our latest ESG efforts.
- Ensure effective metric tracking, measurement and reporting of progress and results.
- Monitor news, trends and external development to inform Jadex stakeholders.
- Partner with Marketing and Sales to help tell our story to customers, consumers, employees, and other stakeholders.
- Develop and manage an annual plan to support sustainability driven events like Earth Day
- Collaborate with site-based resources to identify and implement sustainability projects consistent with the company’s ESG strategy with a particular focus on greenhouse gas reduction.
- When relevant, identify third-party solution providers to quantify and implement meaningful projects to reduce our sustainability footprint.
- Construct comprehensive project plans that systematically identify the necessary steps, time, and resources to achieve the Company’s ESG objectives, utilize these plans to track progress and adjust as needed.
- Visit company locations to support projects, monitor performance and improvement plans.
- Support the implementation of a multi-year sustainability strategy that aligns with the company’s vision for sustainable operations.
- Review, interpret, and communicate sustainability and ESG requirements to the organization.
- Provide routine updates on key operational metrics that drive sustainability performance.
Training & Organizational Skill Building
- Create and deliver educational and training materials on sustainability/ESG to Jadex and Business Unit functional teams.
- Coach the organization to ensure the continual improvement in ESG ratings.
Basic Qualifications / Key Competencies & Attributes
- Ability to challenge the status quo while maintaining organization alignment and commitment; break down barriers with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Confidence in dealing with ambiguity; bringing different perspectives to light and rallying others to align on goals and objectives.
- High degree of business curiosity; quick learner with a proactive and agile mindset.
- Courage to identify risks, communicate and develop action plans to minimize.
- Self-motivated with a strong ability and confidence to operate with autonomy, keeping organization stakeholder alignment.
- Confidence with sustainability and ESG metrics as well as demonstrated success in implementing sustainability processes.
- Ability to gather, analyze and interpret data; establish action plans based on the analysis.
- Ability to manage projects and interface directly with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate at all levels.
- Able to think strategically and act tactically with a hands-on approach.
Education / Experience / Knowledge Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Sustainability, Environmental Science, Marketing, Finance, Economics, Communications, or related discipline
- 2-3 years of experience in driving sustainability initiatives.
- ESG strategy development/work with rating agencies strongly preferred.
- Experience with industry journals, reports, white papers, regulatory affairs/government policies and processes
- Experience working with confidential material.
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Full benefits package
- 401K with match
- Strong vacation and corporate holiday policy