- Develop, implement and manage cross-functional, fully integrated planning process that incorporates make versus buy, capacity planning, scheduling, inventory, material and associated cost elements.
- Performs analysis of customer demand, sales forecasts and historical material usage to develop and execute build to order and build to forecast plans. Coordinate with cross-functional business teams to develop best cost strategy for production planning to support customer demand.
- Establish and implement methods and best practices related to the systems and process that support inventory forecasting, purchasing, and material control.
- Establishes and manages production scheduling activities by monitoring material inventories, tracking progress of production and reviewing factors that affect schedules. Responsible for accuracy of inventory counts by implementing and managing, in conjunction with Finance, and inventory control system, capable of identifying discrepancies in inventory counts and taking corrective action to guard against inconsistencies in the future.
- Develop and execute a sourcing strategy to meet the company's business growth and sourcing requirements. Identify, develop, and manage effective relationship with existing and potential suppliers of goods and services to meet the established cost, quality and delivery targets. Establish, implement, and manage system to evaluate, monitor and report supplier scorecard performance.
- Coordinate and work with quality, engineering, machining, and assembly operations to ensure 100% on-time delivery by establishing and monitoring schedule to proactively identify and address any issues.
- Represents materials organization on corporate materials task force teams. Manages department budget, associated costs and resources. Participates as a member of the operations team in making cross-functional operational decisions. Collaborate with Engineering, Manufacturing, and Quality to achieve cost reduction targets.
- Selects, evaluates and manages employees to ensure the efficient operations of the function.
- Demonstrates comprehensive understanding of concepts and principles within own job family and knowledge of other related job families
- Applies in-depth understanding of how own discipline integrates within the segment/function
- Manages multiple related teams, sets organizational priorities and allocates resources
- Identifies and resolves complex technical, operational and organizational problems
- Influences others internally and externally, including senior management
Years of Experience:
10 - 15 Years
Yes, 20% of the Time
U.S. Salary Range:
$148,000.00 - $203,500.00
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on a number of factors including location and level and will vary depending on confirmed job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.