ARTAZN LLC, a Jadex Inc. company, is a US-based manufacturer of zinc strip and applied zinc products. Headquartered in Greeneville, Tennessee, we are the largest North American producer of solid zinc strip and zinc-based products, and one of the largest in the world. For over a century, ARTAZN™’s craftsmen and visionaries have fueled innovative solutions and a manufacturing process centered around maximizing the transformative properties of zinc. ARTAZN™ is one of the leading coin blank manufacturers, with 300 billion coins released into circulation, and also supplies for customers in the automotive, architectural, building, cathodic protection and specialty industries.
ARTAZN™ is committed to: always being customer first; responding to client needs with innovative, high-quality solutions that are efficient and reliable; creating value through performance.
Quality Control Technician - Greeneville, TN
Inspects and test materials according to the proper lab procedures and provides technical support and appropriate information flow.
Chemical and Physical Lab Area:
- Properly collects and prepares the samples of product and chemical solutions for various inspections and testing in a manner consistent with good laboratory practice.
- Prepare representative samples gathering and composition for final audit inspection and analysis of product against in-house and/or Customer specifications.
- Performs testing of products in all stages of manufacturing, in the Coinage or other departmental areas of the operation.
- Performs in-process inspection and analysis of product and processes against in-house, ISO, ASTM, IATF and/or Customer specifications.
- Appropriately records data and observations. Then, communicates the resulting information in an accurate, meaningful, useable, and timely manner.
- Operates and maintains the vision inspection machines.
- Performs proper disposition of material including physical movements and transactions in Epicor.
- Performs the proper dispositioning of non-conforming material including labeling, placing material on hold, and transferring suspect material in Epicor.
- Performs visual inspection to defined master defect samples to determine if material is acceptable to the customer specification.
Met Lab Area:
- Properly collects and prepares the samples of product for various inspections and testing in a manner consistent with good laboratory practice.
- Drills Spelter and prepares samples for material property testing.
- Performs material property testing such as tensile, Hardness, elongation, thickness, conductivity, and plating thickness using the appropriate tools and standards.
- Performs physical measurements using tools such as calipers, micrometers, spectrometer, hardness tester, X-Ray, etc.
- Conducts gage R&R studies using tools such as Mini Tab and Gage pack.
- Performs gage calibration / certification on Miics, calipers, snap gages, etc.
- Performs oil tramp testing on coolant.
- Performs set up, inspection, preventative maintenance and troubleshooting on various lab equipment. Follows and maintains test/inspection and calibration procedures. Makes up standards for use in testing.
- Maintains work areas in an organized, clean and orderly environment.
- Actively contributes to the continual improvement activities and procedural development/maintenance both in the lab and other departmental areas.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Corporation and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct
- Minimum of High School diploma required. (Technical associate or college degree preferred)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in manufacturing with preferred laboratory experience and a high school degree; or minimum 3 years’ experience in manufacturing with preferred laboratory environment and an associate or college degree.
- Understanding of statistical methodology
- Problem-solving, decision-making skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills -verbal, written, graphic
- Ability to read, interpret and analyze data
- Good mathematical skills
- Competency in computer word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Ability to use precision measuring devices
- Software knowledge of Gagepack, Epicor, Microsoft (Word, Excel)
Specialized Working conditions and % Travel:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- Must be able to work weekends when called upon.
- Proper Personal Protective Equipment must be worn in designated areas at all times, i.e. hearing protection, steel-toed shoes.
Physical & Mental Demands:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Occasional Frequent Constant Essential
Activity ☐ ☐ ☐ ☒
Carrying ☐ ☐ ☐ ☒
Standing ☐ ☐ ☐ ☒
Walking ☐ ☐ ☐ ☒
Lifting Light (up to 10 lbs.) ☐ ☒ ☐ ☐
Lifting Medium (up to 30 lbs.) ☒ ☐ ☐ ☐
Lifting Heavy (up to 50 lbs.) ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐
Lifting Very Heavy (Over 50 lbs.) ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐
Grasping ☐ ☒ ☐ ☐
Kneeling ☒ ☐ ☐ ☐
Climbing ☒ ☐ ☐ ☐
Physical Demands ☐ ☒ ☐ ☐
Bending ☐ ☒ ☐ ☐
Pulling ☐ ☒ ☐ ☐
Pushing ☐ ☒ ☐ ☐
Finger Manipulation ☒ ☐ ☐ ☐
Occasional Frequent Constant Essential
Reading (Documents) ☐ ☐ ☐ ☒
Written Communication ☐ ☐ ☐ ☒
Customer Contact ☒ ☐ ☐ ☐
Speaking (Groups/Customers) ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐
Calculating ☐ ☐ ☐ ☒
Flexibility ☐ ☐ ☐ ☒
Reasoning/Analysis ☐ ☐ ☐ ☒
Tact ☐ ☐ ☐ ☒