Alltrista Plastics LLC, is a subsidiary of Jadex Inc., and is a leading manufacturer in high-volume, precision injection molded parts.The company designs and manufactures with proprietary engineering processes and extensive manufacturing capabilities, from five (5) locations worldwide. From the first spark of an idea, through the design of the mold to the actual manufactured product, Alltrista Plastics focuses all efforts on delivering innovative plastic solutions.The company’s core markets include Consumer Products, Medical/Healthcare, Personal Care, Health & Beauty, Caps & Closures, and Packaging.
Production Supervisor (Plastic Injection Molding) - North Andover, MA
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, the Production Supervisor is accountable for maintaining a productive, efficient, quality-oriented and safe work atmosphere on the production floor during their assigned shift operation along with ensuring positive, fair and equitable treatment for all employees. The Production Supervisor (plastics injection molding) interfaces between production, quality department, and maintenance to assure plastic production part specifications are met.
- Maintains enforcement of and compliance with policy and procedures to ensure that the results conform to food grade injection molded parts (FDA, ISO 9001, AIB) and to ensure a safe working production environment is maintained.
- Establishes and maintains good housekeeping practices on the production floor.
- Troubleshoots and evaluates plastic molding processes within documented specifications. Makes necessary adjustments to assure prescribed quality and production standards are achieved and maintained.
- Performs low level plastic mold maintenance tasks such as cleaning tips in press and changing out cavities as necessary.
- Investigates root cause of severe process parameter shifts on the injection molding machine and takes appropriate corrective action to bring processes within specifications.
- Monitors and evaluates daily production to ensure customer expectations are exceeded.
- Manages the production floor responsibilities including timely and efficient plastic injection mold set-ups and/or changes, manpower utilization, material efficiencies and documented quality evaluation to ensure that maximum capabilities are met.
- Directs the performance of real time and preventative maintenance on all primary molding machines and auxiliary equipment as required and within skills level.
- Trains and develops shift personnel to maximize efficiency.
- Establishes communication with Manufacturing Engineer/Operations Manager to coordinate repair and maintenance schedules for all molding tools to ensure efficiencies, cavitation, and prolong the life of the tools.
- Provides timely detailed information pass on via the shift logbook to other supervisors, managers and departments that will document problems and corrective actions that were taken during shift operation.
- Provides timely submission of reports and miscellaneous documentation as required by policy and procedures.
- Ensures accurate up to date and complete cycle/set-up sheets and road maps are maintained at each machine for the job running.
- Ensures fair and equitable treatment of all employees by coordinating with other supervisors, managers, and departments to ensure consistency in the manufacturing operation.
- Ensures equitable distribution of work assignments and prioritization of same for subordinates along with follow through until completion.
- Provides timely completion and submission of performance reviews.
- Provides counseling and disciplinary actions.
- Ensures a productive, proactive production work environment.
- Three to five years processing plastic injection molding experience.
- Familiarity with mold design and plastic hot runner systems.
- Three to five years supervisory or lead experience.
- Understanding of quality requirements as per FDA, ISO 9001, and AIB.
- Thorough knowledge of safety specifications and procedures.
- Understanding of quality standards and systems including Statistical Process Control and other quality measurements.
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits package
- 401K with match
- Strong vacation and corporate holiday policy
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Environment: Normal manufacturing environments; work with machinery and media in or around confined spaces; exposure to chemicals, grease and oils.
Physical: Sufficient physical ability to perform heavy lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.; reaching, kneeling, crawling, climbing; standing for moderate periods of time.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Other: Ability to work 12 hours shifts.Rotating dayshift/nightshift schedule.
Jadex Inc and its Businesses do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.