Advance your career with the #1 aluminum knuckle manufacturer in the world at Aludyne! We aim to recruit and retain thoughtful, inquisitive people fueled by the same entrepreneurial spirit that drives us. It’s how we deliver on the promises we make to our customers and to each other. We believe in continuous improvement for our workforce and providing them with the tools necessary to further their career while also giving them the autonomy to make a defined difference. If you want to accelerate your development in an environment that promotes fairness, inclusivity, and enhances both personal and professional growth, we'd love to hear from you!
The Machining Team Lead works with key manufacturing employees to help meet production needs based on the quality and delivery requirements of our customers. Team leads take proactive ownership by encouraging teamwork, ensuring consistent training of employees, and maintaining open lines of communication with supervision and other department employees.
What You'll Do:
- Train all employees in machining for gauge training, safety training, statistical process control (SPC), work instruction manual, production process, attendance, defect identification.
- Train personnel on equipment, process flow, gauging, labeling, secondary equipment, etc
- Oversees written internal communication for manufacturing processes of the customer product line ensuring completion of Pace boards, information logs, and SPC charts
- Apply appropriate corrective action when operators incur a problem in the manufacturing process: follow up to make sure any tool changes are 100% checked per SPC charts and process control plan. Complete work orders for down equipment.
- Report to supervision employee absences, accidents, machine crashes or emergencies, operator inefficiencies, and any other problems or downtime
- Responsible for communication with operators on Quality Alerts ensuring operator awareness.
- Perform audits for shop cleanliness and organization and report to supervision inefficiencies in housekeeping standards within the cell
- Work with technical staff to improve manufacturing and machining processes
- Set up operators for successful production: verify cells are stocked with raw material, components, paperwork needed, bins for finished product, cardboard, etc. assist with material movement
- Assists in the administration and adherence of 5S standards
Why You'll Love Working for Us:
- Comprehensive Benefits Package to include medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Career Development and On-The-Job Training
- Employer 401K Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid vacation and holidays
What We Need from You:
- Two to three years of experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Must be able to perform all operations in the cell in order to meet production standards
- Forklift certification is required
- Knowledge of IATF-16949 system and Knowledge of all inspection gauges
- Must have good problem solving and oral/written communication skills
- Run proficiently all equipment and relieve when necessary
- Employees are expected to work and attend in person meetings as necessary
- Ability to stand, bend, and stoop for long periods of time
- Ability to lift, push, and pull heavy objects up to 55 pounds regularly
- Ability to read, write, perform basic math calculations, and complete visual inspections
Visit us to learn more about life at Aludyne!
Aludyne is an equal employment opportunity employer such that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.