At Henderson, we're about more than just buildings. We're about the people, experiences and potential found inside. We're known for our technical excellence, but we bring so much more to the table. We love the process that brings buildings to life. And we're changing the industry by integrating the building design and construction process.
We view each of our employees as an essential part of our mission to lead the field.
It's What We Do
We provide total building system design services across multiple high-growth markets for industry leaders. You'll get to use your talent to work on some of the country's biggest names in higher education, sports & venue, healthcare, grocery, restaurant and retail.
It's How We're Different
But, we're also about more than just engineering and buildings. We're about you. You, and the hundreds of passionate employees who made us who we are today.
Together, we dream up inventions that solve industry-wide problems, design spaces that become landmarks, win medals in fitness challenges, and toast to the good life at our legendary golf tournaments.
So what will you be doing all day? You would join us in our Lenexa, KS office as a Billing Supervisor working on things like...
- Maintains the project database and assists in the setup of team projects
- Manages education of project management/billing staff on project setup
- Maintains the accounting database and oversees invoicing transactions
- Prepares complex invoicing ensuring contract terms and fee schedules are met
- Ensures all client billing invoices are accurate and completed in a timely manner
- Responds timely to billing issues and client questions
- Assists with client payment disputes and general collections
- Accounting liaison between clients and project manager regarding all fees, invoices and approvals
- Ensures the team’s final product of invoicing is delivered accurately and timely
- Partners with team/leadership in developing and maintaining accounting processes, procedures, systems and policies
- Makes recommendation to aspects of office production regarding opportunities to improve efficiency of workflow through revised policies, procedures or system changes
- Keep others well informed and prioritizes audiences, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Facilitates an efficient, consistent workflow and exchange of information.
- Adjusts communication based on needs and make-up of audience.
- Leads by example, challenges assumptions, and creates candid feedback loops.
- Delivers on personal commitments and instills accountability in others.
- Maintains the confidence of clients and colleagues, especially when handling sensitive information.
- Recognizes areas for improvement and responds accordingly
- Creates sense of urgency to tackle problems and rewards responsiveness
- Creates and supports feedback loops that improve results
- Holds others accountable for doing their best work
- Prioritizes team needs over personal agenda
- Promotes a culture of collaboration across roles and teams
- Champions cooperative efforts to resolve challenging conversations
- Confronts exclusionary behavior
- Pursues new knowledge and helps others grow
- Encourages experimentation when faced with new challenges
- Examines mistakes, clarifies lessons learned, and applies to future work
- Leverages area of expertise to contribute to team and company goals
- Maintains knowledge, skills and abilities relevant to success throughout job functions
We'd love for you to apply for this position if you have...
- Minimum of 8 years’ Client Billing experience required; experience in A/E/C industry preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business preferred
- Billing Department supervisory experience preferred
- Experience with working in the A/E/C industry is highly preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access and Word required
- Experience with Deltek Vision Accounting Software
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Strong customer service focus
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills, to include strong listening and verbal and written communication
Anticipated salary range for this position may be $69,000 - $76,000
Salary may be higher or lower than the stated range depending on factors unrelated to the applicant’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ethnicity, age, or disability. Salary can vary from this range based on geographic cost of labor statistical differentials.
Let's Talk Perks
We take care of our people. As a Henderson employee, you'll enjoy some pretty awesome perks. Trust us, your friends will all have work envy.
Flexible Work Hours (Because we all need to balance work and life.)
Casual Dress Code (Be yourself, please.)
Paid Volunteer Time (We literally pay you to volunteer.)
Paid Parental Leave (Because we know both parents deserve to be there for a new baby.)
Health and Wellness Initiatives (Get Fit and Stay Fit.)
Receptive and Forward-Thinking Leadership (Our doors are always open.)
Clear Career Path Options (We want you to excel.)
Industry-leading 401K match and profit sharing (When the company succeeds, we all share in that success.)
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (Yes, our employees are the owners.)
Paid Training for Professional Development (We’ll pay for the time you take getting better at what you do.)
Performance Bonuses (When you do well, we reward you for your work.)
Comprehensive and Extensive Insurance (We’ve got you covered.)
Paid Term Life and Disability (We’ve got your family covered, too.)
Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Accounts (We'll help you take advantage of tax savings.)
Paid Time Off and Sick Time off (Take a break. You deserve it!)
Financial Wellness & Coaching Program (Financial security makes you a happier team member.)
More information can be found here - https://www.hendersonengineers.com/careers/.
Henderson Engineers, Inc. and Henderson Building Solutions are EEO Employers/Vet/Disabled and participate in the E-Verify program
Applicants for positions with Henderson Engineers/Henderson Building Solutions must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and verification of eligibility will be required at the time of commencement of employment
All offers will be contingent upon completion of the hiring process including verifications and background checks as required for employment
To all recruitment agencies: Henderson does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of Henderson without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of Henderson. Please, no phone calls or emails.
NOTICE TO CANDIDATES: RECRUITMENT FRAUD ALERT
Henderson representatives conduct all email communications exclusively through a company email address that ends with @hendersonengineers.com, @hendersonbuilding.com or through our applicant tracking system which will appear as @hire.lever.com. We extend offers of employment only after a comprehensive interview process and will never ask you for a payment of any sort nor offer one for any reason. Henderson will not ask any applicant to purchase equipment, nor offer to reimburse any applicant for expenses incurred prior to employment. We will not request personal information until a legitimate offer of employment has been extended. If you suspect a recruitment attempt is fraudulent, you should cease communications. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to verify whether a recruitment contact is legitimate. All legitimate job opportunities are posted on our company website’s careers page.