Job Title: Pouring Crane Operator
Reports to: Pouring Supervisor
We are looking for an experienced Crane Operator to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for inspecting and operating a 10 and 15-ton overhead crane to move materials and concrete buckets through the production building safely. The operator will also remove overburdened “scrap blocks” as excessive concrete hardens, keep concrete buckets washed out, cleaned, and oiled; and keep the plant floor clean. Must remain aware of locations and travel directions of other cranes that may be in close proximity so as not to hit or impact with other cranes.
· Ability to obtain certification to operate overhead crane
· Maintain good housekeeping and follow Gate Precast safety policies and procedures at all times
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
· Ability to function well in a fast-paced environment
· Willingness and ability to work as a team player
· Perform additional duties as requested or required
Education & Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required. On-the-job training offered. Precast/construction experience is preferred, but not required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, twist, and walk, must be able to use various hand tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance on elevated surfaces; and stoop, kneel, squat, crouch or crawl. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis. Constant and continual medium to heavy manual, physical labor is required for this position.
Must be able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) such as steel toe laced-up ankle work boots, hard hats, work gloves, safety glasses, respirators (if required), and hearing protection. This is an indoor/outdoor work environment: Exposure to sun, heat, humidity, cold, wind, light rain, sand, and dust. Works close by and exposed to moving construction vehicles such as forklifts, front-end loaders, cranes and tractor-trailers. Works close by and exposed to machinery such as welding machines, vibrators, stressing jacks, and concrete mixers.
- Life and Accident Insurance
- Legal Shield/Identity Theft Protection
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Medicare, Retirement Planning, and Social Security Assistance
- On-demand Pay
- Educational Expense Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Holidays
GATE Precast is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace
For more information about us, please visit our website at www.gateprecast.com