Mission-Driven. Honor-Bound. Fairbanks Morse Defense. What’s your calling? For the men and women of Fairbanks Morse Defense it’s the rapid and effective support of the fleets that entrust us to design, develop, and deliver the best naval power technology on the planet. We’re one of the nation’s leading marine defense contractors because of the highly trained and dedicated teams that provide reliable power systems, parts, and aftermarket services to the U.S. Navy, Coast Guard, Military Sealift Command, and Canadian Coast Guard. When you join Fairbanks Morse Defense, you join a legacy of commitment that spans 150 years. Fairbanks Morse Defense offers competitive benefits with a wide range of training and development opportunities. Our world-class teams are dedicated to helping every individual achieve their full potential. Discover what it’s like to be a part of the Fairbanks Morse Defense team here: https://www.fairbanksmorsedefense.com/careers
Hunt Valve, powered by Fairbanks Morse Defense is looking for a CNC Machinist to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for setting up and operating CNC mills and/or lathe, while also understanding machining centers, lathes, and other equipment to produce parts to tight tolerances within .001. Experience programming at machine is a big plus.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Set-up and operate machines to manufacture parts to meet engineering blueprints.
- Work closely with CNC programmer to ensure that programs manufacture parts that meet drawing specifications.
- Operation of one or more CNC machines under the direction of supervisors
- Load programs and perform simple edits as needed
- Adhere to company Malpractice & Ethics Policies
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- High School Diploma (Preferred)
- 3-5 years of experience operating CNC and/or equivalent machinery
- Minimum of 1-year experience in Fanuc and/or Okuma Control
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and engineering requirements
- Ability to use inspection measuring devices
- Strong attention to detail
Fairbanks Morse Defense offers a competitive benefits package including but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances, and 401k retirement plan with employer match. In addition, we offer paid time off, paid holidays, paid parental leave, and tuition reimbursement.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled