Performs duties to operate die cast machine, trim press machine and shot blast machine to produce aluminum cast parts in accordance with quality specifications.
· Actively support of safety and 6S initiatives including surveys, audits and monitoring the safety of all department employees. Follow safety rules and keep work area clean and orderly.
- Apply die lubricants as needed.
- Remove casting from tools
- Operate all cell equipment (including but not limited to the following)
- Die cast machines
- Trim presses
- Automatic sprayers
- Extraction equipment
- Holding furnaces
- Tip lubricators
- Hot oil units
- Vacuum units
- Metal lading equipment
- Shot blast equipment
- Perform basic PM’s and repairs
- Perform all required paperwork
- Use required gages
- Perform all required computer data entry
- Communicate all issues to supervision and support personnel
- Adhere to required housekeeping standards
- Adhere to required quality standards
- Adhere to required safety standards
- Adhere to required attendance standards
- Adhere to required productivity standards
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
Die Cast employees need to acquire and maintain the knowledge, skills and ability to perform the following tasks while adhering to quality, safety, and housekeeping requirements.
· To operate all die cast equipment
· To identify problems (IE. Die, machine, casting…) and take appropriate corrective action.
· To assist with die set ups.
· To comprehend and follow verbal instructions.
· To read, comprehend and follow written instructions.
· To perform basic math calculations.
· To effectively communicate with supervision and support personnel.
· To utilize production computers including basic data entry.
Education and/or Experience
· High School Diploma or equivalency (HSED or GED).
· One or more years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment.
· Familiarity with quality control gauges.
· Basic Computer skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to
- stand and walk continuously, bend, use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms.
- Required to handle parts weighing from 5 to 75 pounds, usually using a lift assist for heavier parts.
- This position requires very repetitive upper extremity work in all tasks.
- Repetitive grasping of parts or utilizing air guns or hammers requires grip strength of 50 pounds.
- Require to frequently bend forward through partial range on Die Cast or Trim machines and through full range during packing of parts with cycles of an average of 300 to 800 per shift.
- Good vision is required to inspect work.
- Requires continuous mental and visual attention to operate machinery involving repetitive or diversified work which requires constant alertness or activity.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works
- Near moving mechanical parts and is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, vibration, and temperature extremes in the plant environment.
- The employee will be required to work safely while working around and with molten metal temperatures of 1200-1300 degrees.
- The noise level ranges from low (office environment) to moderate (general plant environment) to high (near machines)
Aludyne is an equal employment opportunity employer such that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or other legally protected status.