The Planner is responsible to plan, forecast, analyze, and evaluate service parts requirements to support performance in the right location, in correct quantities, on time. You'll be part of a team delivering excellence in parts planning, coupled with projects in innovation to continuously improve the business.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage the demand forecast with field service teams. Act as the planning focal with field service and customer stakeholders. Represent planning in a professional in manner.
- Co-ordinating local and regional spares plan with global planning and other internal stakeholders (field service, logistics, order fulfilment and global customer care).
- Drive spares plan to meet internal and contractual KPIs, (Order Fill rate, lines with stock, inventory turns, E&O).
- Perform root cause analysis and develop improvement plans. Model availability vs costs implications for support and improvement plans.
- Lead new fab and service agreement planning implementation.
- Participate in global infrastructure and process improvement projects within the demand planning area.
- Ramp program management and special projects as assigned.
- Semiconductor experience strongly preferred (particularly in Parts, Warranty, or Service).
- Thorough functional and transactional knowledge of ERP or supply chain systems (SAP, SPP).
- Self-starter, high level of personal accountability, demonstrated project management skills and an innovative individual.
- Degree in Industrial Engineering, Business/Operations, or Supply Chain from accredited university. MBA is a plus.
- Six plus years of inventory management, supply planning, material planning, or demand planning experience, including KPI definition, measurement and control.
- Excellent Analytical skills. Capable of developing solutions and options based on data driven analysis. Familiar with data analytics software Tableau, Power BI, SQL, Python.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to collaborate successfully with team members and other internal and customer stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate with customers.
- Business acumen be able to understand Applied Materials key business drivers.
- Problem solver, critical thinker, detail oriented.
- Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
Years of Experience:
4 - 7 Years
Yes, 10% of the Time
U.S. Salary Range:
$76,000.00 - $104,500.00
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on a number of factors including location and level and will vary depending on confirmed job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.