The Director of Supply Chain Planning is responsible for overseeing the supply chain operations of the company. Handles the purchasing of both raw & finished materials, manages inventory levels, maintains contact with vendors, and arrange the distribution and shipping of finished products. As a Director of Supply Chain Planning, you will analyze the performance data of the workflow to understand shortcomings and propose improvements wherever necessary. You will forecast inventory needs and production schedules and create strategies to improve the production and quality of goods through the facilitation of Supply & Demand planning and S&OP.
Essential Job Functions *
- Ensure cross functional alignment across the organization to establish service and inventory requirements to meet established sales and financial goals.
- Deliver and monitor inventory productivity to reach corporate financial goals.
- Ensure accurate supply chain planning for both raw and finished materials are in place and monitored for success throughout the entire supply chain meeting corporate goals.
- Drive continuous improvements within the supply chain through analytics and cross functional alignment with other business units.
- Establish performance metrics to measure, compare and evaluate factors impacting the supply chain.
- Navigate new initiatives ensuring customer success and delivering ROI.
- Develop and lead a cross functional team creating an environment where team members excel, and goals are met.
*This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Employees are expected and encouraged to participate in safety and health program activities including immediately reporting hazards, immediately reporting unsafe work practices and incidents to supervisors, wearing required personal protective equipment, and participating in and supporting safety committee activities.
Education & Experience
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in supply chain management or quality systems management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain Mgmt., or related field
- Retail and Distribution experience preferred but not required.
Competencies – Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Eagerness to address a wide variety of complex supply chain and quality issues in a proactive and collaborative manner.
- Strong Organizational and Communication skills.
- Significant experience in contributing to change management initiatives – including technology implementations and process improvement
- Strong competency with Microsoft Excel & Supply Chain Planning systems
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Office: Office setting. Seldom exposed to fumes or airborne particles. Loud working environment of the shop area. Functional vision and hearing required.
The Hillman Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, protected veteran or military status, genetic information, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.