ABM, a leading provider of integrated facility solutions, is looking for a Utility engineer.
The Utility person provides assistance with various maintenance projects including operating, maintaining, and inspecting facility equipment in accordance with written, posted and industry standards. Performs regular inspections and reports findings with recommendations to management.
ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300 offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM’s comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes — from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
The Company may require that the successful candidate hired for this position be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, if and to the extent permitted by applicable law. The Company will make exceptions for medical, sincerely held religious belief, or other legally required exceptions.
The pay listed is the hourly range or the hourly rate for this position. A specific offer will vary based on applicant’s experience, skills, abilities, geographic location, and alignment with market data.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package. For information about ABM’s benefits, visit ABM 2023 Employee Benefits | Front Line Team Members (Programa de beneficios de).
- Maintains and repairs the facility's structure, equipment and grounds including plumbing, electrical,
- HVAC, business equipment, appliances and any other building systems deemed necessary.
- Performs skilled trades work such as general carpentry, painting, repair or alteration of walls, rooftops, office fixtures and appliances.
- Work with responsible personnel for the installation or repair of mechanical and electrical systems required in the production process.
- Makes periodic and special inspections of the premises to determine repair work necessary to maintain the integrity and safety of the buildings.
- Works from blueprints, drawings, or rough sketches.
- A skilled understanding of the proper use of common hand tools.
- A skilled understanding of the use of specialized tools and test equipment.
- General understanding of mechanical, electrical, or plumbing concepts.
- General understanding and ability to use a computer and digital information tools such as productivity software, e-mail, and databases.
- As a highly skilled specialist, contributes to the development of concepts and techniques to repair, service and maintain building and business assets.
- Completes a variety of simple to complex tasks in creative and effective ways.
- Skilled verbal and written professional business communications skills.
- Consistently works on assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues.
- Makes recommendations for new service and maintenance procedures.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k) plan with immediate vesting, short and long-term disability, PTO, paid holidays and more.
ABM values the rich diversity of its workforce. We strive to foster a work environment of respect and engagement that harnesses our workforce’s diversity to our common goal of providing prompt and superior client service.
ABM is an EOE/AA (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance in completing the employment application, please call 888-328-8606. We will provide you with assistance and make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
•ABM does not sell or share your personal information.
•We collect basic personal details like your name and address, work history, and other employment related personal information. We also collect Sensitive Personal Information like race/ethnicity because we are required to do so by law.
•We collect this information in order to process your employment with us.
•We will keep your information for as long as is required by law.
Prior to the submission of your personal information, please review our Employee Privacy Notice. If you are from California, please review our California Employee Privacy Notice.