Job Title: General Labor
Reports To: Production Manager
Research Tool & Die Works powered by Fairbanks Morse Defense is seeking a general laborer. As a General Laborer, you will be responsible for various tasks to support the efficient operations of the production facility. Your main duties will include cleaning designated areas, assisting in powder coating operations, spot welding, and performing basic press operator tasks. Your role will be crucial in maintaining a clean and safe work environment and ensuring smooth production processes.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform regular cleaning duties in all areas of the facility, including production floors, workstations, common areas, and restrooms. Ensure cleanliness and orderliness are always maintained.
- Load/Unload Parts: Assist in the powder coating process by loading and unloading parts onto the conveyor system, ensuring proper placement and handling to achieve high-quality results.
- Conduct spot welding operations as required, following safety guidelines and maintaining welding equipment in good condition.
- Assist in basic press operation tasks by operating push-button controls for the press machine, maintaining proper settings, and performing quality checks on produced parts.
- Perform deburring tasks to remove sharp edges or imperfections from metal parts using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Adhere to all safety guidelines and regulations, wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) when required, and reporting any safety hazards or incidents to supervisors promptly.
- Keep work areas clean and organized, and participate in routine equipment maintenance, such as cleaning machinery and tools.
- Work cooperatively with other team members to achieve production goals, assist colleagues when necessary, and maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Other Duties assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent, preferred
- Prior experience in a manufacturing or similar environment is preferred but not mandatory.
- Ability to lift and move heavy objects and perform physically demanding tasks as needed.
- Basic understanding of safety protocols and the ability to follow instructions carefully.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to different tasks in a dynamic work setting.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to producing quality work.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
This position includes access or potential access to export-controlled data. Therefore, you will need to qualify as a U.S. Person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Permanent Resident, or a political asylee in compliance with International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Acceptable proof of this status includes a US Passport, Permanent Resident Card, US birth Certificate, or Naturalization Certificate. Maintenance, including renewal, of licensing authorization is a condition of employment. Government authorization may be a suitable alternative after review on a case-by-case basis.
This is a full-time 40-hour-per-week position; however, overtime will be scheduled as needed. The standard shift is from 7:00 AM-4:15 PM Monday-Thursday and 7:00 AM-12:00 PM on Friday. Research Tool & Die Works provides an extensive benefits package in which employees can participate, including, but not limited to, medical, dental, and life insurance, paid vacation, 401K with employer contributions, and transportation assistance. This is an outstanding opportunity for someone looking to grow within a great organization!
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Fairbanks Morse Defense.
Fairbanks Morse Defense offers a competitive benefits package including but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances, and 401k retirement plan with employer match. In addition, we offer paid time off, paid holidays, paid parental leave, and tuition reimbursement.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled