Who We Are & What We Do
The Hillman Group services a wide variety of customers in the Automotive, Industrial, Retail and Agricultural channels. We have products in Home Depot, Lowes, Canadian Tire, Walmart and more! Have you ever done any home improvement projects? If so, you likely know our products.
The Hillman Group Canada employs over 700 employees in 2 manufacturing facilities and 7 distribution facilities across Canada. We have a great group of professionals whose dedication and teamwork form the backbone of our company.
The Sales Representative role reports to the Regional Sales Manager, Western Canada and is responsible for driving sales within their defined territory – the defined territory for this role will be Alberta, Canada and ideal candidate resides in Edmonton Alberta area. Critical skills include the ability to manage key relationships, prioritize sales activities and to organize and maintain all monthly sales pipeline and financial reporting. They are also responsible to assist in forecasting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Travel and visit customers.
- Maintain current customer base for the commercial and Industrial focused divisions of H. Paulin / The Hillman Group Canada by providing customer service for all customers in the assigned territory.
- Make cold calls to acquire new business.
- Follow-up all sales leads given by the company.
- Review prints and/or samples working with our internal divisions to supply/manufacture parts.
- Follow-up all quotations with the customer for all divisions and negotiate pricing if needed.
- Resolve customer complaints i.e. invoicing, late delivery, quotations.
- Communicate orders placed by the customer.
- Comply with Company policies and procedures.
- Develop and demonstrate a positive “accident prevention” attitude and working climate
- Work cross functionally with internal partners providing market intel, planning forecasts and executing sales initiatives
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management.
- Minimum 5 years in an automotive aftermarket, industrial and OEM sales environment is mandatory.
- Secondary school diploma or higher.
- Must be able to travel – 40% within territory.
- Must have driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office) specifically MS Excel and Outlook.
- Previous experience with CRM an asset.
- Strategic thinker, good communicator, and exceptional problem solver.
- Performs function with a sense of purpose and a degree of urgency.
- Creates a positive work environment by demonstrating and sharing functional/technical knowledge.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on teamwork.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills (oral & written).
If you are interested in joining a fun and collaborative work environment, apply today!
We are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Upon request, we will, in consultation with the applicant, determine the nature of any accommodation that may be required.
The Hillman Group Canada ULC
900 Passmore Ave., Scarborough, ON M1X 0A1 ● Tel: (416) 694-3351 ● hpaulin.com ● hillmangroup.ca Linkedin.com/company/the-hillman-group/