LifeMade Products LLC, a Jadex Inc operating company, is a global provider of disposable tableware and temperature control packaging solutions supporting a variety of sectors including healthcare and food preservation. We are the industry leader in U.S temperature-control packaging and single-use consumer goods manufacturing. Our brands include LifeMade Consumer Products, Lifoam®, Diamond®, FreezPak®, Envirocooler® and ProPak®. LifeMade Products LLC has 8 manufacturing locations in the domestic United States . Our mission is to create superior products that push industries forward, LifeMade strives to make life – better.
Maintenance Manager - St. Petersburg, FL
The Maintenance Department Manager is responsible for the strategic leadership and daily tasks of the maintenance team to accomplish the upkeep and repairs on all Manufacturing and Production equipment as well as any building repairs necessary. Utilizes technical skills and leadership skills to support the production needs of the Manufacturing facility, improve the capabilities of those on the team, and manage the facility equipment efficiencies to maximize life expectancy and capability.
The successful candidate must have a passion for safety, the ability to foster strong working relationships built upon trust and respect with direct reports, peers, and leaders, demonstrate the ability to motivate and train associates, and be viewed as a clear and credible communicator and resource.
- Manages the maintenance personnel to maximize their effectiveness through thorough job analysis, proper job assignments, improved training and development programs and effective personnel management.
- Develops, implements, and maintains a proactive technical presence on their team to ensure optimum machine and personnel utilization.
- Works with the manufacturing team to train and develop the proper skill levels on the team to support the customer and company objectives.
- The Maintenance Manager defines maintenance practices and procedures, optimizes utilization of maintenance labor and partners with the Production facility leaders to maximize equipment availability and performance.
- Collect, organize, analyze, and communicate information on unplanned equipment downtime, maintenance activities, staffing level and spending activity to evaluate performance, identify opportunities for improvement, and solicit management feedback and support.
- Collaborate with Production and Maintenance Personnel to develop and implement safe and effective practices and procedures to install, repair, start-up/shutdown, operate and service equipment.
- Develop, implement and continually improve the preventative maintenance system used in the Manufacturing facility for all equipment.
- Utilizes the technical staff both in maintenance and manufacturing to improve our proactive approach to equipment care.
- Develop training and development recommendations for self and those who directly report to the position to ensure that all personnel are up to date with latest technologies necessary.
- Manages in a proactive manner utilizing sound and professional skills to comply with all of LifeMade policies and directives while following the legal guidelines for proper management and ISO environment.
- Proactively support and lead continuous improvement, utilizing Kaizen, 5S and various lean fundamentals
- Maintain plant auxiliaries working with outside vendors to improve system capabilities and reliabilities. Develops cost effective plans to improve the systems for extended life.
- Evaluates the equipment needs of the facility and makes recommendations for improvement both in new and existing technology to improve overall job efficiency, cost efficiency and downtime.
- Makes recommendations for equipment purchases.
- Ensures timely ordering and installation of equipment to get projects to manufacturing prior to customer requirements.
- Observes and supports plant safety rules. Helps to identify and eliminate any safety hazard or concern. Assists in monitoring of quality of work output and maintenance procedures.
- Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, or others, or to property. Defined as a significant
- Bachelor education in a related discipline or relevant manufacturing experience in the molding technical area.
- Must have strong knowledge or background in PLC control and programming.
- Technical knowledge to perform the tasks outlines in the description.
- Solid processing, mold setting and maintenance background required.
- Analytical problem-solving skills to take a systematic approach to determine root cause and develop appropriate corrective action.
- Leadership skills to evaluate strengths and development opportunities of technical support on the team.
- Ability to work independently and coordinate efforts with the overall plant goals as established.
- Expert knowledge of safety procedures and OSHA regulations regarding plant machinery and overall plant operations which includes LOTO.
- Expert Knowledge of electrical systems
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing Principles & Practices
- Experience and knowledge of the design, selection, and application of process equipment such as pumps, vessels, heat exchangers, chillers, and air compressors
- Expert knowledge of industrial high- & low-pressure fluid systems such as steam, water and Hydraulic systems
- Exceptional supervisory/management skills including safety awareness, budget control, scheduling, setting goals and priorities, performance evaluations, etc.
- Experience with implementing preventive/predictive maintenance and TPM programs
- Knowledge of maintenance work practices like planning and scheduling, rigging, pipe fitting, welding, alignments, lubrication, and work order handling
- Microsoft Office Proficiency
- Six Sigma Green and Black Belt Certification a plus
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Please refer to the Physical Job Description, which is contained as a separate document, for more detail.
Environment: Normal manufacturing environments; work with machinery and media in or around confined spaces; exposure to chemicals, grease and oils.
Physical: Sufficient physical ability to perform heavy lifting and carrying; reaching, kneeling, crawling, climbing; standing for moderate periods of time.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Other: Ability to work overtime or occasionally on weekends with short notice.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of responsibilities for this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. Company management may assign other relevant, business-related duties.