Alltrista Plastics LLC, is a subsidiary of Jadex Inc., and is a leading manufacturer in high-volume, precision injection molded parts.The company designs and manufactures with proprietary engineering processes and extensive manufacturing capabilities, from five (5) locations worldwide. From the first spark of an idea, through the design of the mold to the actual manufactured product, Alltrista Plastics focuses all efforts on delivering innovative plastic solutions.The company’s core markets include Consumer Products, Medical/Healthcare, Personal Care, Health & Beauty, Caps & Closures, and Packaging.
Alltrista North Andover - Quality Technician II
Responsible for assurance of product quality through complete and accurate inspection, testing and documentation associated with finished product, protocol samples, and first piece inspections. Responsible for assuring product quality through prevention-based quality initiatives including: audit inspections of finished goods, participation in defect identification and corrective action teams, and maintaining quality levels consistent with company goals.
- Inspects and documents results for all work-in-process components for compliance with customer-specified requirements.
- Understands and demonstrates knowledge of all testing and measuring equipment used in the Quality and Manufacturing departments.
- Reads blueprints, data, manuals, or other materials to determine specifications, inspection and testing procedures, adjustment methods, certification processes, formulas, or measuring instruments required.
- Performs and documents complete first-piece inspections, including visual, dimensional and functional testing as required by customer specifications.
- Maintains documentation as required to comply with Customer and Company quality standards.
- Ensures all batch record documentation is available and completed properly.
- Determines status of materials and releases for use.
- Inspects parts from new molds and works with Process Engineering.
- Understands and uses statistical process control techniques.
- Participates in teams with manufacturing staff to develop corrective action plans when out-of-conformance situations occur.
- Ensures operators are qualified in the operation of equipment and inspection of parts.
- Maintains daily functions and duties of the Quality Lab in the QA Supervisor absence.
- Communicates with customers when required.
- Notifies supervisors or other personnel of production problems.
- Collects or selects samples for testing or for use as models.
- Compares colors, shapes, textures, or grades of products or materials with templates, or samples to verify conformance to standards.
- Maintains a neat and orderly working area and assists other departments in the cleanliness and organization of working areas when projects overlap other department areas.
- Responsible for reporting any problems or concerns to their direct Supervisor. To maintain good working relations with all other employees. Strives to have no conflicts with other department employees.
- Encouraged to bring any ideas to light for possible usage in factory functions.
- Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, or others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Corporation and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Performs individual assignments as directed by the QA Supervisor, QA Manager, Plant Manager, or their Designees.
- Establishes and maintains an effective work relationship with the Quality group, the production team, the corporation and the community.
- Supports the QMS by adhering to the system requirements. Must be able to audit process, work cell and provide feedback of compliance.
- Understands and follows plant safety rules. Helps to identify and eliminate any safety hazard or concern. Assists in monitoring of quality of work output.
- Maintains compliance with company policy and procedures.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Must have attained all the skills requirements of a Technician, Quality I.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent computer capabilities, including MS Office.
- Self-motivated to learn and perform job tasks to meet or exceed customer and company expectations.
- Demonstrates the capacity to work at an efficient rate to meet production goals and standards.
- Effectively communicates with others both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrates good leadership and organization skills.
- Professional competence, knowledge and skills necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Working knowledge of measurement equipment.
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts, as applicable.
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Environment: Normal manufacturing environments; work with machinery and media in or around confined spaces; exposure to chemicals, grease and oils.
Physical: Sufficient physical ability to perform lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs; reaching, kneeling, crawling, climbing; standing for moderate periods of time.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Other: Ability to work overtime or occasionally on weekends with short notice. Bilingual preferred, speaking English and Spanish.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of responsibilities for this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. Company management may assign other relevant, business-related duties.
Jadex Inc and its Businesses do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.