- Prepares wafers for experimentation to include cleaning. Loads wafers, prepares reactor for experimentation and cleans reactors. Evaluates performance of process system.
- Prepare cross section samples for scanning electron microscope (SEM) analysis and help / guide requestor to optimize sample prep procedure and conditions, identify cutting location based on pattern instructions.
- Operates reactor to perform thin film process, under limited supervision.
- Operate scanning electron microscope (SEM) for cross section and top view or critical dimension (CD) or energy dispersive spectroscopy (EDS) analysis / imaging pending on job assignment, identify all of patterns of interest, understand image quality requirement and sample/beam interaction to determine optimized condition.
- Records process conditions and experimental observations.
- Understand basic scanning electron microscope (SEM) principle.
- Responsible for multiple technology products.
- Perform scanning electron microscope (SEM) system software alignment functions.
- Perform routine maintenance procedures, flash, plasma clean etc.
- Evaluates wafers and thin films. Prepares graphs and tables summarizing results.
- Interface with requestors, understand their detail requirement, and communicate on results; help lab on monitoring wafer in process (WIP) and maintaining throughput.
- Checks performance of process system. Orders equipment and supplies, and coordinates with vendors and purchasing.
- Perform routine shut down procedure. Identify problem put tool down and call for service.
- Coordinates instrument repair and maintenance. Coordinates with engineering on wafer evaluations.
- Sets up equipment for experiments. Uses quantitative wafer evaluation and process instrumentation knowledge.
- Has developed proficiency in a range of analytical processes or procedures to carry out assigned tasks
- Has a good understanding of how the team integrates with others to achieve objectives
- May provide informal guidance and support to more junior team members
- Provides solutions to problems in situations that are atypical or infrequently occurring based on existing precedents or procedures
- Impacts the quality of own work and its contribution to the team
- Uses communication skills to regularly exchange information
Years of Experience:
2 - 4 Years
U.S. Salary Range:
$28.80 - $39.50
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on a number of factors including location and level and will vary depending on confirmed job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.