Field Service Engineer IV - (C4)
If you like to troubleshoot hardware, solve complex problems, and make equipment work better, this is the role for you. As a Field Service Engineer, you’ll work in our state-of-the-art facility and at customer sites around the globe, where you are the face of Applied Materials and an integral part of a vibrant and diverse team.
Our senior-level Field Service Engineers work independently, and help train junior colleagues, to create and support the technology that the world relies on to manufacture semiconductor chips and related materials. You’ll work beside global customers to install, maintain and upgrade their Applied Materials equipment, delivering world-class support for multimillion-dollar production systems.
- Install leading-edge customer equipment, perform scheduled preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance, and upgrade equipment
- Use your troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, as well as company diagnostic tools and documentation, to solve complex equipment issues
- Generate, follow and possibly approve documented procedures and published task plans
- Lead projects (when needed), document progress, and communicate with customer and internal business units on progress
- Complete required job documentation, safety training and procedures for processing parts
- Professionally represent Applied Materials to the customer, using your “customer first” mindset
- Satisfy the company’s and customer’s on-site requirements, including safety, environmental and COVID-19 guidelines
- Train junior engineers on site-related safety, troubleshooting procedures, and developing a customer-first mindset
- An associate degree in electronics or engineering technologies, or equivalent work experience, or completion of military technical training and field experience
- Ability to read electrical and mechanical schematics, and an advanced knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, electronics, vacuum and/or thermodynamics
- Clear and effective written/verbal communications skills, with an emphasis on documenting details, and proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Strong knowledge of hand tools and proper usage, including a digital multimeter
- Advanced knowledge of wafer processing parameters
- Extensive knowledge of Applied Materials systems and company processes
- Project management skills, and an ability to lead key customer and internal product meetings
Nice to have:
- 7–10 years of work experience in semiconductor industry or another equipment support industry
What to expect:
- You’ll work on rotation and in shifts so that customers have ongoing support
- Your job requires the ability to:
- lift at least 35 lbs.
- work in a clean room environment wearing coveralls, hood, booties, safety glasses, and gloves
- sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach and stretch to reach equipment when needed, and stand for extended periods of time
- determine differences in colors
- You’ll need a valid driver’s license and passport
At Applied Materials, we care about the wellbeing of our people, and we strive to support you in ways that extend beyond your work environment. As an employee, you’ll qualify for a competitive and comprehensive total rewards and benefits package, from day one.
Your benefits package will be customized for your country of residence and may include: top-tier medical, dental and vision plans; disability insurance; life insurance; retirement; paid time off; health and wellness programs; career development and mentoring; sustainability and social responsibility programs; and much more.
Additionally, all employees can take advantage of our company-sponsored global programs, including our Employee Assistance Program, Travel Accident/Medical Benefits Abroad, the company’s employee stock purchase program and a subscription to wellbeing tools.
We value social responsibility, too: Our worldwide “Giving” program encourages employee giving and volunteering globally, while The Applied Materials Foundation provides an employee match of up to US$3,000 per employee per year.
Who we are:
Applied Materials is the global leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. We’re the brain (and the brawn) behind every new technology development—whether it’s building semiconductor chips for smartphones and computers, or the underpinnings for robotics, AI, and even smart TV display screens. With 27,000 employees in 19 countries, we offer an exciting place to grow and learn alongside some of the best people you’ll ever meet. We take deep pride in our Culture of Inclusion, and we celebrate the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences that help us build stronger, more resilient teams.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we actively recruit diverse talent. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status or any other basis prohibited by law.
Join us as we innovate to Make Possible a Better Future!
Years of Experience:
7 - 10 Years
Yes, 10% of the Time
U.S. Salary Range:
$40.00 - $55.00
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on a number of factors including location and level and will vary depending on confirmed job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.