Andersen Logistics is seeking Full Time Warehouse Associate for our location in Douglasville, GA
Employees are responsible for manual loading and unloading of freight with the use of a pallet jack or forklift in addition to general labor and general warehouse maintenance. Responsible for filling customer orders and delivering them to the delivery platform in a manner that meets company standards for safety, security, and productivity.
Wages start at $20.40 per hour and we increase that pay incrementally so that everyone can make at least $22.40 /hour within their first year. 8-10 hour shifts Monday thru Friday starting as early as 4am and as late as 9am. Weekend requirements will vary based on business demand.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
Moves materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas. Receives, stores, and distributes material, tools, equipment, and products within assigned area. May be trained in the use of heavy equipment such as forklift in preparation for certification as required to move to a Freight Handler role. May sweep floors, clean dock area, general good hygiene of entire work area. Assist in receiving cargo by removing from truck by hand, or using powered industrial equipment, such as forklift of similar equipment. Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or moves order to packing station or shipping department. Opens bales, crates, and other containers. Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
As an innovative and industry-leading organization, we think of benefits more broadly. From your health care to your work environment, to your development and quality of life, we think beyond basic benefits to provide a total rewards package including, but not limited to:
• Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
• Daily Pay- Control when you get paid
• Health Savings Account contributions
• Paid holidays plus PTO
• 401(k) plan and contributions
• Professional development & tuition reimbursement opportunities
• A culture that supports work/life balance
• An environment where collaboration is key
• Volunteer opportunities – on company time
At Andersen, Orange is how we describe a spirit that drives us to imagine what’s possible. Our commitment at Andersen is to have an inclusive and diverse workplace where employees feel respected, valued and driven to realize their full potential. Whether in product development, our manufacturing processes, sales programs and services, the relationships we build—with our customers, our communities and each other—we see possibility everywhere, every day and use our collective talents to make it happen. We hope you’ll accept our invitation to Be Orange, Be You at Andersen.
- One to three years or experience in a warehouse environment preferred.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 100 lbs. and the ability to climb ladders required.
- Ability to occasionally push/pull up to 100 lbs. required.
- Must have good or corrected vision and the ability to add and subtract.
- Basic language skills required.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English preferred.
- Read, comprehend, and complete basic checklists, forms, or related documents.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Must have ability to consistently report to work and on time.
- Prefer candidates to be forklift certified or have a few months experience on a forklift. May consider candidates without this experience if some exposure to operation other/similar equipment.
$20.40 - $22.40 an hour