GHX Industrial, a SunSource company, is a growing, dynamic organization with roots traced back to 1937. GHX today is a highly recognized value-added distributor and fabricator of industrial gaskets and hoses with offices nationwide. GHX’s customer base consists of large refining and petrochemical customers, upstream oil and gas service and supply companies, OEMs, and mineral and mining enterprises. http://www.ghxinc.com
We are looking for an energetic and ambitious Operations Manager to actively participate with management to develop, analyze, and evaluate the strategic direction of the branch in order to increase profitability, sales, and operational efficiency.
Role & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Region Manager in providing guidance with daily operations and development of annual business plan.
- Coordinate the Inside Sales effort, and the input into customer pricing matrix to maximize the Gross Margin and/or increased sales.
- Responsible for working with management and operations team to ensure accurate, timely, and efficient shipping, receiving and processing of material.
- Responsible for working with management team to maintain an accurate and well-organized inventory and planning and implementing storage layout of inventory.
- Directly manage Inside Sales staff and Shop Foreman, including recruiting, training, and evaluating all operations personnel as well as weekly payroll management.
- Regularly make suggestions for improvement and work on continuous improvement projects for lean, quality and safety.
- Ensure that all safety programs, company policies, procedures and guidelines are maintained and properly documented.
- Responsible for developing a comprehensive succession plan for operations personnel.
Skills, Education & Experience
- Working knowledge of bottom-line business management with the proven ability to make sound business decisions, discuss and resolve problems.
- Working knowledge of computers and business related software, experience with P21 helpful.
- Strong verbal, written, mathematical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak English. Verbal Spanish skills are beneficial.
- Authorities and Accountabilities
- Minimum of three (3) years’ P&L experience
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience of managing and supervising in an industrial distribution environment.
- Minimum of three (3) years demonstrated experience leading and developing individuals and teams.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent/related industry experience
- 5+ years Lean leadership in a distribution or manufacturing company
- Travel Requirements: Minimal
- Stand for an extended period.
- Occasional heavy lifting (up to 50 pounds) may be required.
Would you rather see what we have to offer? Check out SunSource Core Competency video