- Directs a process technology group responsible for research, development and implementation in new products and extensions or enhancements to existing product lines
- Manages unusually complex, practical applications of scientific theory and processes in the development and ongoing technical management of the unit's products
- Leads alpha engineering program regarding all process technology related issues for the unit's product line
- Lead for alpha and beta product release for business unit's product line
- Interacts and offers solutions to address external customers unusually complex process issues to address customers High Value Problems (HVP) involving the business unit's product line
- Participates in strategic planning to integrate research and development processes with both the unit and the Product Business Group's overall business plan
- Provides approval guidelines and leadership to reporting process technology managers in the area of long-term strategy related to process development
- Defines performance metrics and reports on organization's progress against specific goals
- Demonstrates broad and comprehensive understanding of different systems, theories and practices
- Applies broad industry and commercial awareness to drive financial and operational performance across business unit, department or sub-functions
- Leads through subordinate managers of managers; executes segment/functional business plans and contributes to the development of segment/functional strategy
- Directs the resolution of highly complex or unusual business problems applying advanced analytical thought and judgment
- Guided by segment/functional strategy, impacts results of a department, business unit or sub-function or facilitates the work done by other segments/functions by providing support to impact the business
- Negotiates and influences the opinions of others at the senior executive level and in external organizations; exercises sensitivity to the audience
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.
Years of Experience:
10 - 15 Years
Yes, 20% of the Time
U.S. Salary Range:
$184,000.00 - $253,000.00
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on a number of factors including location and level and will vary depending on confirmed job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.