Position Description: Technology leader (Process/Equipment/Materials) – emphasis on advanced substrates interconnect manufacturing and test
- Equipment and Technology expertise in specific Unit processes used to manufacture glass substrate-based advanced packages
- Travel to Georgia and Korea will be required in this role
- Required to relocate to Georgia by Jan 1, 2024
1. Focus on glass processing in small or high volume manufacturing (S/HVM) and drive processes to fill any gaps in the transition from R&D to S/HVM for glass substrates
2. Develop expertise in substrate Back-end unit processes like micro-bump plating, singulation and e-test etc. with an emphasis on finding and bridging gaps between R&D and S/HVM for these unit processes. Good understanding of the steps used in substrate interconnect manufacturing and testing.
3. Interface with both specific equipment suppliers and our Manufacturing partner to develop a good understanding of glass specific challenges and create plans to address those challenges. Liaise with the technology experts within the Business Unit to get input and maximize implementation of known solutions for problems encountered.
4. Suggest and design process engineering experiments and collect data, analyze and compile reports for unit processes in the back-end. Troubleshooting a wide range of complex problems and completing root-cause analysis to determine the best solution is a key responsibility in this role
5. Implement analytical instrumentation and methods to inspect and/or measure performance of the unit process. Drive this important measure of the process capability in the transition from R&D to S/HVM
6. Generate documentation that captures all key attributes of the unit process while in R&D to facilitate easy transfer to S/HVM
7. Have a good understanding of the unit process equipment and the available process window that will deliver the desired performance for every unit process that the candidate handles.
8. Utilize machine learning skills to support smart factory development needed for S/HVM Operations
Education: NCG, Ph. D. or M.S. in an Engineering discipline
Experience: 3 to 5 years of experience in the semiconductor packaging industry
Years of Experience:
4 - 7 Years
Yes, 10% of the Time
U.S. Salary Range:
$84,000.00 - $115,500.00
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on a number of factors including location and level and will vary depending on confirmed job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.