Factory Direct Marine & RV has immediate full-time openings for Marine Mechanic/Boat Technician/Boat Mechanic. This position requires electrical knowledge of repair and maintenance of all types of watercraft. To be successful in this position, an attention to detail, positive attitude, ability to work efficiently and independently, and a strong work ethic are required. Reliable transportation is a must.
- Inspection of boats as they are received
- Troubleshoot/repair of boats for customers, dealer stock, and warranty
- Electrical and motor work required for pre-delivery inspections before delivery to customers
- Able to winterize boats
- Work Saturdays as needed
- Utilize computer system to clock in/out of jobs and record cause/correction notes for repair order
- Maintain a clean and safe working area
- Follow procedures with attention to detail
- Prioritize and meet deadlines
- Communicate with customers in a professional manner
- Maintain a positive attitude and be a team player
- Knowledge of safety procedure
- Knowledge of outboard motors
- Electrical knowledge
- Suzuki Certified preferred, but not required
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee discounts
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws
At Factory Direct Marine & RV we take security and protection of your personal information very seriously. Please be aware of individuals that might approach you by falsely presenting themselves as our employees or representatives. Under this false pretense, they might try to gain access to your personal information or to acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities on our behalf.
Factory Direct Marine & RV will never ask for financial information of any kind or for payment of money during the job application process. We do not require any financial, credit card or bank account information and/or any payment of any kind to be considered for employment. If you are being asked to pay for equipment fees or some other deposit or application processing fee, even if claimed you will be reimbursed, this is not Factory Direct Marine & RV . These claims are fraudulent, and you are strongly advised to exercise caution when you receive such an offer of employment.
The offer or claim will probably be in the form of an email sent from a fake email address or from Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc, and not from an official Factory Direct Marine & RV rise email address = (@FDMRV.COM). Please take extra caution while examining such an email address, as the scammers may misspell an official Factory Direct Marine & RV email address and use a slightly modified version duplicating letters.
Factory Direct Marine & RV will not be held liable or responsible for any claims, losses, damages or expenses resulting from the scammers. If you suspect a position is fraudulent, please contact Factory Direct Marine & RV Talent Acquisition aT Bjones@fdmrv.com. If you believe you are the victim of fraud resulting from a job listing, please contact your local authorities.
- Never provide personal or bank information over email or phone
- Never take cashier's checks or money orders as a form of payment, as your bank will hold you accountable for any bounced checks.
- Never wire funds to an employer. Any employer who requests wire funds is a scam.
- Never apply for a job listed by someone from another country.
- Never apply for a job with someone who indicates they are away on business or out of the country and need someone to begin with right away.
- Never agree to a background check unless you have met employer in person, and do not provide your personal information over email or phone.
- Never apply to a position that is emailed to you unsolicited.