Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
The New Product Introduction Project Engineer, will be responsible for taking the lead role in deploying new products at Lucid. The New Product Introduction Project Engineer will work closely with Project Lifecycle Management, Vehicle Integration, Design Engineering, Logistics, Manufacturing, and other cross-functional teams to ensure the seamless integration of new products and changes.
- Understand product and part design and the impact of design changes.
- Participate in Engineering Change Request meetings to understand the scope of changes, timing, and determine assessment criteria based on the nature of approved changes.
- Develop standardized methodologies and procedures for pre-release testing, trialing, and validating new products.
- Gain holistic knowledge of the product, production processes, and manufacturing technologies in order to understand and mitigate risks, as well as to recognize optimization opportunities.
- Work with affected teams to understand the critical actions necessary for successful introduction of new features, capabilities, and products, and ensure those needs will be met ahead of deployment.
- Maintain and communicate change management timelines.
- Coordinate and effectively run meetings to resolve issues related to product changes.
- Manage material cut-over activity.
- Manage the Manufacturing Bill of Materials (MBOM) and Effective Dates.
- Throughout the NPI process, you will look for opportunities to improve the process and quality.
- Coordinate any training and documentation required as a result of the change.
- Travel 40% (Domestic and International).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required.
- At least 2+ years experience in New Product Introductions.
- Experience in the automotive industry, program management, or product design is a must.
- Ability to influence outcomes and drive initiatives in complex environments.
- Possesses strong presentation skills and communicates clearly and professionally at various levels both inside and outside the company.
- Working knowledge of Delmia, SAP, and Jira.
- Possess knowledge and experience across multiple functions within product design and manufacturing.
- Flexibility to support any shift including day, night and swing shifts, as needed. Weekend and holiday work may be required.
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.