Shearer’s is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer, and distributor of quality snack foods sold under private labels across the nation. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com.
The Vendor Planner plays a key role in the support of Shearer’s Supply Chain. The position will be responsible for the material plan with a key supplier. The position works cross-functionally between Supply Chain, Procurement, Commercialization, and Operations. The ideal candidate will have experience in, material planning, supplier relationship management, and project management.
Your Seat at the Table:
- Administer and analyze all performance key indicators such as on-time delivery
- Manage inventory levels to achieve case fill rate/ROTIF goals at the lowest Working Capital.
- Analyze non-VMI items weekly – work with Sales and/or Commercial Team to determine if any order(s) should be placed
- Complete any internal reporting for film as required by Shearer’s team members.
- Review and release aged film on a monthly basis.
- Work closely with vendor and the Material Planners to manage move up and expedite requests
- Assist Plants/Material Planners on any necessary film related questions.
What you bring to the table
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in procurement, supply chain planning, or similar role
- Bachelor’s Degree in job related discipline or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated understanding of key practices within supply chain and business finance needs.
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Planning Experience
- Understanding of risk management
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Strong computer skills, including Windows, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
To all recruitment agencies: Shearer’s Snacks does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees or any other company location. Shearer’s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.