SHAKESPEARE COMPANY LLC, a Jadex Inc. company, is a US-based manufacturer of both industrial and consumer products for a wide variety of industries and applications.
Shakespeare® industrial products are tailored to the customer’s unique needs and include custom engineered nylon resins, performance monofilaments, and conductive fibers used as raw materials in finished goods ranging from automotive components to medical applications. The company operates under the Shakespeare®, Rino-Tuff®, and Weed Warrior® brands in the lawn & garden category and is a major player in the mass merchant channel as the primary universal fit solution for trimmer line, heads, and accessories. The brand is known worldwide within the marine electronics industry for marine radio antennas with a portfolio of connectivity solutions and accessories to help keep boaters connected and safe. Maintaining communications is of utmost importance to military forces across the world and Shakespeare®’s line of military antenna products plays a critical role in achieving mission success.
Industrial Electricians ensure customer satisfaction through prompt and efficient service. They safely access all areas of the equipment and have a master knowledge of Lockout/Tagout/Tryout. They must have a working knowledge of regulatory codes including NEC and ARC Flash under NFPA 70E.They are responsible for efficiently diagnosing and repairing electrical and control issues. They must be professional, technical, and mechanically proficient.
The work of Industrial Electrician can often be physically demanding. In order to install and repair equipment, they may need to crawl, climb, and stand for extended periods of time. They must also be able to operate tools in close proximity to electrical components. Industrial Electricians must also be able to understand and make decisions based on technical documents, such as blueprints, schematics, or instructions. They must also be motivated to work on their own and as part of a team. Strong communication skills are a necessary part of this position.
- Install, repair, and maintain electrical components of industrial equipment.
- Work as a team member or alone to complete projects.
- Observe safety procedures and meet electrical codes.
- Make decisions based on technical documents.
- Perform quality testing and inspections.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
High School Diploma or GED.
Associates Degree in Related Field is a plus.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of responsibilities for this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. Company management may assign other relevant, business-related duties.