Under the supervision of Chief Engineer, directs the activities of engineering staff and associated service contractors required to provide maintenance of the buildings, grounds, and related fixed and portable equipment, minor construction, and equipment installation. Responsible for supporting the implementation and documentation of site safety plans and all Able Engineering Services’ operational standards and guidelines, as well as site specific standards, policies and procedures relating to the engineering department.
The pay listed is the hourly range or the hourly rate for this position. A specific offer will vary based on applicant’s experience, skills, abilities, geographic location, and alignment with market data.
Benefits are under the IUOE Local 501 CBA.
- Assist the Chief Engineer with proper oversight ensuring compliance with all requirements of the ACM O&M Plan and Maintenance Plan as it applies to engineering, construction, and abatement activities.
- Assist the Chief Engineer ensuring compliance by engineering staff with Brookfield policies, including those concerning BEMC, safety, job performance, and personal conduct.
- Assist the Chief Engineer prepare and execute assigned portions of the operating budget, including HVAC, plumbing, electrical and utilities categories, and assists the General Manager, and the Property Accountant in tracking expenditures and in managing expenses as per Brookfield procedures.
- Assist the Chief Engineer to plan, forecast and schedule all necessary major CapEx and OpEx, repairs and improvements to the property. Prepare descriptions for the capital budget of planned or required projects, as assigned by the General Manager / Director, Engineering.
- Assist the Chief Engineer with T.I. reviews, memorializes, documents and communicates construction documents and provides written reviews to the Chief Engineer. Ensures that pre-construction, field progress review and post-construction checks are performed and documented and provide timely reports to the Chief Engineer on any construction deficiencies and assists in resolving them.
- Assist the Chief Engineer with key control and requests. Maintain complete, accurate records of the building key control system.
- Assist the Chief Engineer manage training sessions on Code Compliance OSHA-mandated safety needs, teaching classes as directed. Assist the Chief with the proper oversight of records of all training activities and obligations as related to Human Resources / Brookfield Compliance.
- Provides management for engineering staff at the direction of the Chief Engineer.
- Performs and administers the necessary preventive maintenance and operations work orders as well as provides applicable quality assurance inspections.
- Reports and collaborates with Chief Engineer on status and findings.
- Recommends improvements to the program and implements as directed.
- Provides hands-on and classroom training for engineering staff and promotes an environment of learning and development.
- Provides and manages stock levels on all engineering equipment and parts.
- Schedule all activities of the Stationary Engineers and inspects work performed and materials used.
- Evaluates all work orders and assess priorities and distribute them to responsible staff for action, monitor progress, and adjust resources to accommodate emergency maintenance requests.
- Reviews incomplete work orders and informs requestor of schedule changes.
- Provide regular reports to the Chief Engineer regarding any scheduled work delayed for parts, emergencies, or other reasons.
- Schedule engineers for regular workdays, holidays, and vacation relief.
- Prepares labor and material purchase requisitions and distributes for approval.
- Maintain self-improvement program and keep abreast of new equipment, standards, codes, maintenance procedures and emergency response regarding hazardous materials.
- Consistently maintain appearance that is appropriate, safe, and in accordance with Able Engineering Services standards. Always display clean and visible identification.
- Demonstrates commitment to quality of service.
- Complies with Able Engineering Services and site-specific policies and procedures.
- Maintains regular attendance in the workplace.
- Maintain building as-built drawings. Read, interpret, and understand.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Assist in planning and forecasting 5-year plans.
- Report to management of the facility related issues.
- Works with management on plant related and tenant related issues.
- Develop, maintain and update the preventive maintenance program to comply with Able Engineering Services, industry standards and site-specific requirements.
- Set and maintain a professional work environment with staff.
- Assure good communication.
- Ensure standards of service and commitment.
- Ensure compliance with safe practices and standards.
- Develop goals for department, staff and self.
- Build morale and a team approach.
- Compliance with employment laws.
- Support growth opportunities and potential.
Skills/ Education / Experience
- Prefer 3+ years progressive operations experience.
- Strong employee relation skills, coaching skills and training skills.
- As required, highest-level relevant state/local license for stationary engineer and/or HVAC, plus universal level refrigerant recovery license.
- BOMA accredited courses desirable.
- Preferred: High-rise Fire Safety Director, Haz-Mat Certification, Indoor Air Quality Certification, LEED Certification.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Computer skills and building automation systems experience required.
- Certification meeting OSHA ACM awareness training requirements as required.
- Working knowledge of energy conservation required, formal training preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k) plan with immediate vesting, short and long-term disability, PTO, paid holidays and more.
ABM values the rich diversity of its workforce. We strive to foster a work environment of respect and engagement that harnesses our workforce’s diversity to our common goal of providing prompt and superior client service.
ABM participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los Estados Unidos.
ABM is an EOE (Minority / Female / Veteran / Disability / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation) and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance in completing the employment application, please call 888-328-8606. We will provide you with assistance and make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.