Define novel inspection systems concepts and configurations. Collects, analyzes data and designs statistically valid experiments.
Designs and engineers modules. Qualifies modules / sub-modules. Design, perform, collect and analyze data on advanced substrate, technologies and concepts for a range of new products.
Develop new or modified inspection and metrology systems. Performs research and analysis in physics or related subjects. Supports physics related application and system issues in the lab and in the field when required.
Define system requirements and specifications. Troubleshoot system problems. Respond to field physics related issues, function as advisor for solving physics related application issues.
Plan projects involving definitions and selection of new concepts and approaches in the physics of development of new or improved tool. Supplies data to support product risk management decision making process.
Participates in the vendor selection process. Participates in technological customer engagements and contributes in his / her specific field of expertise
Guide less experienced physicists/scientists.
Evaluate new technologies, pursue innovative solutions, evaluate competitors and define new market needs. Plan and conduct test of new technologies under evaluation in the team. Execute feasibility studies of new technologies and provide results / analysis supporting the decision making process. Executes feasibility studies of complete systems / sub-systems, leveraging new technologies and design concepts. Prepares the demonstration of new capabilities and conducts performance analysis
- Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
Doctorate Degree (Required), Master's Degree (Required)
Years of Experience:
Up to 1 Year
Yes, 10% of the Time
U.S. Salary Range:
$112,000.00 - $154,000.00
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on a number of factors including location and level and will vary depending on confirmed job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.