Woodard & Curran is a national engineering, science, and operations firm with a simple vision for clean water, a safe environment, healthy communities, and happy people. As an employee-owned company, we strive to cultivate diverse teams and encourage collaboration in an equitable and inclusive culture. We seek talented individuals from all backgrounds to help us address a broad range of water and environmental issues. We prioritize our people, offering opportunities for professional growth, ownership, and flexibility. That’s how we make a difference to our clients, people, and the planet.
Woodard & Curran draws on the experience of hundreds of certified operators across the country, backed by the knowledge and skills of hundreds more engineers, scientists, and regulatory experts, to quickly tackle the most challenging operational issues and keep treatment plants running efficiently and in full compliance. Woodard & Curran also aids employees in earning, upgrading, and keeping their certifications within the industry.
What You Will Be Doing at Woodard & Curran:
Woodard & Curran is seeking a Mechanic in Winter Garden, Florida. The Water Conserv II facility is the largest water reuse project of its kind in the world, combining agricultural irrigation with aquifer recharge via rapid infiltration basins (RIBs). This is an excellent opportunity to join an award-winning facility and team!
The Mechanic is responsible for preventative maintenance and repairs of large diameter piping, tanks, rapid infiltration basins, valves, motors, pumps, and compressors. Specific duties include locating underground utilities, operating a truck, crane, cutting torches and using hand tools.
What You Will Need to Succeed:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in mechanical maintenance.
- Experience in the maintenance of water transmission pipelines and distribution facilities.
- Experience in the maintenance of Fleet vehicles, tractor backhoe, farm-type tractors, farm implements, front-end loader, motor grader, and landscape maintenance equipment a plus.
- Requires good reading, math, writing, and verbal communication skills; good scientific and mechanical aptitude; and the ability to read, interpret, and record data from meters, gauges, scales, panels, and other equipment.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
- Must possess a Florida backflow tester certification and repair certification or obtain one or both within twelve (12) months of date of hire.
- Must possess a valid Florida driver's license, have a safe driving record, and be able to operate vehicles with automatic transmission and four-wheel drive.
- Must be willing to work schedules which may include weekend or holiday duty, carry a company-provided cell phone, and be willing to respond to emergencies at any time.
$20.60 - $30.89 an hour
Depending on qualifications and experience.
Benefits & Wellbeing
• 401(k) Pre-tax or Roth Contributions: Company will match equal to 100% of the first 3% of salary contributed, All employees are eligible to participate in the 401(k) plan and are 100% vested in the value of own contributions and any employer matching contributions.
Time away from work:
• Vacation time is provided to full and part-time regular employees. Vacation is accrued, based on number of hours worked per week as well as prior years of experience.
• Woodard & Curran offers paid sick time to eligible employees who are absent due to their own non-work related, illness, injury, or medical procedure.
• Woodard & Curran provides up to 80 hours of Paid Parental Leave for child bonding in a 12-month period.
• Company-paid short- and long-term disability insurance from Sun Life to assist with replacing a portion of your income in the event of non-job-related illness or injury. Eligible employees are automatically enrolled and eligible immediately.
Coverage and support for your needs and wellbeing:
Personal and Family health: Company offers three medical plan options based on geography; plus HSA and PSA plans are available based on eligibility, additional options include dental and vision plans.
Company provides basic employee group life insurance and AD&D benefits; additional voluntary life insurance for employee and family are available through Sun Life.
WayForward powered by Dario: EAP Program combined with personalized mental health and wellbeing coaching.
LiveWell wellbeing program: credit incentive is available, up to $600 annually – nutrition and fitness reimbursement, and access to the Virgin Pulse wellness platform.
Education: Tuition assistance offers eligible employees up to 100% reimbursement of tuition, books and fees up to $5250 per year, for courses related to the employee’s job or planned career development.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
Woodard & Curran is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We value diversity, equity and inclusion and encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply.
Woodard & Curran believes that complex teams working together in an equitable, inclusive space provides the best opportunity for achieving our vision of clean water, a safe environment, healthy communities, and happy people. Our success is tied to a culture that embraces our differences so that everyone can bring their whole, authentic selves to work. When our people are supported to reach their full potential, we provide the most innovative, sound, and effective solutions.