The Hope Group, A SunSource Company, is New England’s leading provider of fluid power and motion control solutions for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and MROs. The Hope Group has over 100,000 square feet of warehousing, fabrication, and administration facilities to complement its manufacturing capacity. We’re more than a parts distributor. Our customers rely on us to help identify and solve the efficiency and productivity challenges they face. www.thehopegroup.com
This position will manage a sales territory in Eastern Massachusetts and need to be based within that region.
- Aggressively pursue sales of compressed air products and services which includes new machine sales, accessory equipment, service, parts, rentals, lubricants and additional consultative services such as energy audits, air surveys and training programs.
- Provide customers with engineering services and consultation including the engineering of complete compressed air systems.
- Proactively and constructively analyze customer accounts to determine potential for both present and future equipment needs. Establish rapport between customers and The Hope Group matching benefits of equipment to customer needs.
- Identify, develop and educate a sub-dealer network in assigned area to sell and service our small air compressor (dealer-class) product. Educate architects and engineering firms to write specification that require the use of HAS Vendor equipment.
- Research and prepare presentation of product designed to satisfy specific account requirement while maximizing company profits. Prepare written quotes and track all active quotations on company CRM [Tour deForce].
- Supervise the acquisition, ordering, delivery, installation and start-up of product order for end-user account, ensuring that both The Hope Group and customer fulfill contract requirements.
- Remain current on equipment technology (HAS and competitive) to enhance ability to succeed in competitive selling situations. Expand product knowledge to products and accessories not normally considered part of the distributor-class product so that benefit to customer needs is enhanced.
- Represent company at industry and high-level trade show events.
- Provide advanced systems consultation to customers.
Experience, Education and Skills
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or Business is preferred
- Proven ability to grasp and work with technical products and sales and/or at least three years of direct customer contact dealing with air compressors or very similar product.
- 2+ years industrial sales experience; experience in air compressor systems is preferred.
- Desire, self-confidence, imagination, commitment and self-motivation with an ability to independently and proactively sustain required sales activity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with particular emphasis on developing positive relationships with customers, clients and fellow-employees, presentation skills, negotiating and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to probe, question and analyze customer requirements and consult and advise on recommended solutions to compressed air problems and applications.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Valid driver’s license and insurability to operate vehicle is required for this position.
- Proven ability to be a leader, manager and motivator of others.
Would you rather see what we have to offer? Check out SunSource Core Competency video www.sun-source.com