DKP Buffalo is a two (2) shift, unionized facility specializing in steel and aluminum coil blanking to service the Automotive Stamping Industry. Your primary goal is to ensure equipment and machinery are functioning properly by inspecting, maintaining, repairing and updating all mechanical systems and components. Your position will also include performing preventative maintenance on mechanical systems and components as well as troubleshooting problems to make timely repairs. The Diez Group is a Hispanic owned minority business that believes in on time delivery of high quality products at a competitive price to its customers.
• Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
• Performs general maintenance of the facility and completes daily and weekly facility related tasks
• Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production
• Install, repair, and maintain industrial equipment• Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment
• Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
• Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments
• Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
• Elevate all concerns to management, never let potential safety issues go unresolved
• Other duties as assigned
• All candidates must be able to work all shifts, weekends and overtime when needed
• Advanced understanding of hydraulics, pneumatics and mechanics
• Capable of operating powered industrial equipment as well as hand, power and specialized tools
• Team player and willing to work with minimal supervision
• Strong technical capacity to perform required repairs while following safety protocol
• Able to effectively communicate problems, root cause and corrective actions needed
• Adhere to attendance policy
This position does not have supervisory responsibility.
This job operates in a heavy industrial steel / aluminum processing and distribution plant. When on the plant floor the required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) must be appropriately worn.
This position requires frequent standing and walking throughout the facility. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to climb and descend a flight of stairs as needed.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday. Extended hours, nights and weekend work may be necessary based on business needs.
This position requires no regular and customary travel.
Required Education and Experience
• High School Diploma or GED required
• At least three (3) years in a similar position
• Previous experience in the manufacturing industry
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all of the activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may be added, deleted, or change at any time with or without notice.
Additional benefits include:
• Personal days- accrued one per quarter following the completion of your probationary period.
• Vacation awarded on your one year anniversary- forty (40) hours. Eight (80) hours on your 2 year anniversary.
• Nine (9) observed holidays- these are paid after completion of your probationary period
• Eligibility to participate in benefits, after 90 calendar days. Eligibility to participate in benefits, after 90 calendar days which includes Univera Healthcare/Health Savings Account, Delta Dental and VSP vision insurance. A full description of the offered will be provided at the time of orientation.
• 401k retirement savings plan - eligibility to participate upon completion of six months – company match is 50% up to the first 6%.
• Life Insurance-Core Life Insurance - at no cost for you
• Company provided uniforms - at no cost to you