Responsible for planning and managing the launch of new programs.
- internal launch teams.
- internal APQP calls.
- Customer program APQP calls.
- Development of timing manages and tracks progress to timing.
Develops open issue list and drives resolution.
Reports APQP status internally and to the customer.
Regular operational interaction (launch team based in the production plant) & communication activities via launch teams meetings (internally or with customer).
Supports manufacturing lead meetings, initiatives, and launch readiness.
Attends trials and launches at customer, Aludyne, and sub-supplier facilities.
Lead Supplier APQP (as needed).
Create a detailed program spend forecast, and track the program against budget.
Communicates engineering & manufacturing issues/proposals to customers.
Supports capital and tooling runoff activities with supply base.
Prepares gate reviews checklist and gathers deliverables from launch team.
Prepares and presents:
- Program gate reviews to the launch team.
- Program plant launch reviews to management team.
- Launch reviews to the Aludyne's executive team.
Creates and tracks program budgets and cash spending forecasts.
Tracks program progress and updates the launch dashboard weekly.
Drives profitability of the program through engineering/ program scope changes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering field is highly preferred.
- Previous work experience with Casting, Machining, Assembly, and in process functional testing processes a plus.
- Experience in operations or program management preferred, but not required.
- Understanding of GAAP accounting rules.
- A basic understanding of GD&T preferred.
- Ability to support design problem solving with customers during the development phase.
- Prior experience with customer & industry product standards for quality and delivery (APQP).
- Knowledge of customer APQP systems to support customer specific program launch processes.
- Prior experience with SPC, and the use of statistical techniques for problem-solving.
- PC Applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and MS Project.
- Employees are expected to work onsite to attend in-person meetings and collaborate as necessary.