Fairbanks Morse Defense is looking for a Sr. Business Analyst to join our team. The position is responsible for supporting mergers and acquisitions strategy and operations, including research, valuation, diligence, and integration in coordination with a team of internal and external stakeholders. This role will help lead integration planning and execution.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to the acquisition team prior to close (due diligence, project management, etc.)
- Serve as an active participant in diligence of target company to facilitate the evaluation of key issues, assessing integration challenges, and development of post-close Value Creation plans
- Closely partner with senior executives and functional workstream leaders to architect integration strategies closely aligned with the Fairbanks Morse Defense operating model; drive timely and objective decision-making with sound advice and good judgment
- Support integration and separation team leads to establish priorities, allocate resources, monitor the programs, and identify operational risks to ensure that objectives are completed as directed and on time
- Document detailed integration planning with milestones, timelines, resources, and costs required to achieve deal specific value, and synergies
- Management of the overall execution of the integration plan from Day 1 on-boarding to completion of all integration activities
- Develop and maintain momentum and urgency across all functional participants required to execute on workplan and maintain alignment with the deal rationale
- Facilitate weekly project team meetings to provide status on progress and milestone achievement
- Own integration governance, and manage decisions and progress reports for Integration team
- Present regular integration updates to IMO, Steering Committee, and senior leadership to ensure awareness of critical issues/risks and drive them to resolution with constant and consistent objectivity
- Collect lessons learned and ideas for continuous improvement as the project progresses
- Provide project management support to the business when not actively driving an acquisition integration
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business or a related field required
- Seven (7) or more years of experience in Project Management, Business Analysis, or in a related area, preferably in a manufacturing company.
- Past experience with mergers and acquisitions required. Experience with M&A in an Aerospace and Defense (A&D) and/or manufacturing context preferred
- Analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite
- Great interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to synthesize large sets of data into reports or presentations that are beneficial to the business
- This position requires access or potential access to Unclassified Naval Nuclear Propulsion Information, which is Not Releasable to Foreign Nationals (NOFORN) data. Therefore, to meet NOFORN requirement, you will have to provide proof of US Citizenship and attest that you do not have dual citizenship. Acceptable proof of US Citizenship is a US Passport, US Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate.