- Develops and implements government relationships and communications strategies to support Applied Materials' business and public policy objectives;
- Helps Applied Materials to achieve its business objectives and goals through public policy successes;
- Minimizes company exposure to political and regulatory risks;
- Represents Applied Materials in negotiations and discussions with national and local governments and institutions;
- Ensures government affairs strategies result in positive regulatory developments;
- Fosters perception of Applied Materials in government circles as a serious and responsible corporate leader and partner as a global thought leader on technology and energy issues.
- Recruits, retains and manages employees; contracts for and manages outside vendors and professionals
- Establishes operational objectives and assignments. Delegates appropriately to subordinates. Participates in developing, modifying, and executing Company policies which affect immediate areas of operation and may have Company-wide effect
- Demonstrates broad and comprehensive understanding of different systems, theories and practices as well as the changing business environment
- Applies in-depth knowledge of own segment/function, business and commercial expertise to differentiate itself from the competition
- Leads a business unit, department or sub-function generally through multiple levels of managers of diverse activities; develops and executes business unit, department or sub-functional strategy to achieve key business objectives
- Evaluates key business challenges; directs the development of new or innovative solutions
- Guided by company strategy and business objectives, impacts results of segment/function
- Influences and negotiates at the top executive levels, with great latitude on outcomes; presents and defends complicated or delicate issues
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.
Years of Experience:
Yes, 10% of the Time
U.S. Salary Range:
$232,000.00 - $319,000.00
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on a number of factors including location and level and will vary depending on confirmed job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.